Author Topic: Avast latest version still double sounding updating green popup in windows xp  (Read 141467 times)

Davy

bob3160:

Sorry I didn't keep a note of the old version number, meaning the one prior to the update on the Saturday and in question. What I can say is prior to the update version number had change.... I can't recall seeing any decimal points after the digit, meaning to say it wasn't a Mk1, Mk2 or Mk3 of any version.

I remember looking in the registry just for curiosity and there seemed be less Avast clutter as it 'appeared' to me at the time, there still 'appears' duplicated entries which never was in until that 'dogs dinner' of an  update.

My license expires on the 20th August.... if it ain't fixed by then there's a good chance it stay's expired! Every time you boot up you get reminded... every time!  Doesn't Avast know folks can read and comprehend? I can well understand if it was the last seven day's - everyone paid a month earlier look at the interest they would make!

Dave

Online polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Hi Davy,

This is a minor tiny program glitch andf will be fixed with a next program update, as we were told. The registry pattern is in days, not related to updates. I don't know why so many users make an elephant out of a fly or a mountain out of this avast sound updating molehill. The question is how we are being protected by this av solution and avast is "top of the bill". I know because I scan loads and loads of malcious URLs all sorts against the avast detection patterns every day for years now and report to virus at avast dot com, so I am sort of entitled to know what the real level of protection is avast provides, and that is "darned" good, you know,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

rgoodpa1

Getting same thing here. I was thinking I screwed something up until I Googled my problem and ended up on this forum.
***Avast has been updated -pause- Avast has been updated***

Keter

??? I started getting this a few days ago on all three of my machines; running Vista Home (32 bit desktop) and Windows 7 Pro (x64 desktop and laptop).  The desktop systems seem to have stopped doing this.  The laptop, however, still is doubling and it has all the updates.  I know this isn't a "big deal" but it is pretty annoying.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
The desire to complain about anything is the most ineradicable human desire. Even the fact that the problem is already known and steps are taken to deal with it do not stop complaining. I already wrote that new complaints do not add anything to the picture of the problem and don't accelerate the process of solving it. But apparently, every new author in the thread finds it necessary to even more press on the alarm button, already recessed until the end. What do they want to achieve by this? The alarm will not be amplified by that and the speed of the upcoming help, too, will not increase - it is already on the way and hurries with all possible speed.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Can confirm on my test computer. Fresh install of avast latest version, default install of windows xp UNPATCHED . Is doing double sounding green popup box for virus database is updated.

I can confirm this one on Windows 7 too  ;D It really loves to speak twice  ;D

fragman

Problem stopped today after 120801-0 update.

Baseman

Websites never cease to amaze me. Always one sided. Always a bunch of people thinking they are Gods among men, and telling others what they should and shoudlnt do. People like you and Bob serve NO purpose here. Youre complaining about others complaining.... its that simple. You guys need to get over yourselves and stop being rude and ignorant to people who come here to post their problems. If users of Avast are going to have to worry about being scolded by people like the likes of you two because the "quota has been filled on error reporting" then why even bother using the product.

Im sure one of the mods will delete this post, just as they did yesterday... when I posted as a user of this product that I have a right to report any issues at anytime. Way to go Avast.... nice way to push people to other products, cuz it sure isnt worth dealing with this drama when you have issues and come here to post them and find help.

The desire to complain about anything is the most ineradicable human desire. Even the fact that the problem is already known and steps are taken to deal with it do not stop complaining. I already wrote that new complaints do not add anything to the picture of the problem and don't accelerate the process of solving it. But apparently, every new author in the thread finds it necessary to even more press on the alarm button, already recessed until the end. What do they want to achieve by this? The alarm will not be amplified by that and the speed of the upcoming help, too, will not increase - it is already on the way and hurries with all possible speed.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
bob3160:

Sorry I didn't keep a note of the old version number, meaning the one prior to the update on the Saturday and in question. What I can say is prior to the update version number had change.... I can't recall seeing any decimal points after the digit, meaning to say it wasn't a Mk1, Mk2 or Mk3 of any version.

I remember looking in the registry just for curiosity and there seemed be less Avast clutter as it 'appeared' to me at the time, there still 'appears' duplicated entries which never was in until that 'dogs dinner' of an  update.

My license expires on the 20th August.... if it ain't fixed by then there's a good chance it stay's expired! Every time you boot up you get reminded... every time!  Doesn't Avast know folks can read and comprehend? I can well understand if it was the last seven day's - everyone paid a month earlier look at the interest they would make!

Dave
@ Davy
The decimal places have always been there and if you dig a little deeper, there can be different version of each particular version.
This is probably the one you had before the upgrade to 7.0.1456:

@Baseman,
I'm also sorry they erased your last post but probably not for the same reason.
Discussions are great. Throwing insults accomplish nothing.
You don't have to like me but, being civil is always a good idea in a public forum.
Have a great day. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks

Throwing insults accomplish nothing.
You don't have to like me but, being civil is always a good idea in a public forum.
Exactly the reason why his post was deleted, being rude and offensive.

Davy

bob3160:
Ah, I didn't look there I looked on the GUI.... but that number you show, kinda fits the image that I can recall, can't be certain I think there were another update in between, I 'can't' be certain.

All that is history now, what's making matters worse for everyone is there's been updates and no fix!

BTW: Avast does update itself, not as though I have it turned OFF at any time. If only they got the thing fixed I like many others would be able to carry on with other things, far, far better and more important things to do than keep repeating oneself on these boards...... and Avast would be better thought of.

About time Avast considered what their competitors thought if they saw these problems, obviously not good for Avast!  Remember this is a common problem a darn sight more serious than individual assorted problems!

Dave

Baseman

You might want to take your own advice, and not act like the internet sheriff and talk down to people.

@Baseman,
I'm also sorry they erased your last post but probably not for the same reason.
Discussions are great. Throwing insults accomplish nothing.

lgbirt

;) I have gone into 'Settings' and turned off the voice and set the popup for updates to 5 sec from the default of 20.  I have had no double voice notification today at all!

lgbirt

Dear Baseman,  Have you noticed that your display has become a mirror?
Websites never cease to amaze me. Always one sided. Always a bunch of people thinking they are Gods among men, and telling others what they should and shoudlnt do. People like you and Bob serve NO purpose here. Youre complaining about others complaining.... its that simple. You guys need to get over yourselves and stop being rude and ignorant to people who come here to post their problems. If users of Avast are going to have to worry about being scolded by people like the likes of you two because the "quota has been filled on error reporting" then why even bother using the product.

Im sure one of the mods will delete this post, just as they did yesterday... when I posted as a user of this product that I have a right to report any issues at anytime. Way to go Avast.... nice way to push people to other products, cuz it sure isnt worth dealing with this drama when you have issues and come here to post them and find help.

Baseman

Nope, not at all. I dont come on here and post and act like I know everything and tell other what to do with their programs, and how to handle any problems they have with those programs. Nor do I read through posts and jump people for no reason. If I say something to someone directly, it is like now, with you.... a response.

Will I tell someone what I think, if they do that to me... yes I will.

If you want to argue semantics, then all of us (including you) would be looking into a mirror.

The fact is everybody and their brother are going to report issues. Ive been around computers enough to know a lot of those issues are not directly related to a bug. But, they will still get reported, along with the issues that are indeed real. I also know it must get tiring hearing the same thing over and over. But, that is the business Avast is in, and it must be dealt with. To talk down to the people reporting these issues and tell them their posts are useless.... thats just ridiculous.

You all have a good night, Im off to watch Dallas ;D