Author Topic: How do you get rid of warnings on avast antivirus?  (Read 9648 times)

rennagentry

How do you get rid of warnings on avast antivirus?
« on: July 19, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
I just downloaded avast antivirus, and after I scan it tells me I have a lot of warnings. How to I address them or make them go away?
click here

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:15:41 PM by rennagentry »

true indian

Re: How do you get rid of warnings on avast antivirus?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »
screenshot of the warnings please..

nannunannu

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
I just downloaded avast antivirus, and after I scan it tells me I have a lot of warnings. How to I address them or make them go away?

I assume you are talking about the scan log, and I assume you are using the small office administrator (SOA)... 

Once you've reviewed the warnings and are comfortable there aren't any false positives that may make a mess of your computers, go to the jobs - full scan and/or quick scan - edit the job settings...   Under the details - actions - virus tab - set it to "move to chest" (or another action if you prefer)...  And make sure "automatically apply actions during scan" is checked.  I also lowered the priority of the job under the performance options so it would have less impact on the machine performance if it launched while a user was on the machine.  Also under schedule I'd set it to "wake up the system to start the scan"...

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »
@rennagentry if you are using the standalone go to settings >> popups >> set the warning popups and alert popups to "0"
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)