Author Topic: Update slowdown with latest build?  (Read 16355 times)

Offline Acco

• Where's my flask?!
Re: Update slowdown with latest build?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2005, 05:55:59 PM »
I just lucked upon the solution, I guess.
Like y'all, I came to the forum actually looking for a solution and to see if others were having the same +1 minute delay problem, following the program update to build 4.5.561.
I took one last attempt at repairs, when I just clicked on the Proxy Settings button, just to check.
(Note: This proxy setting can also be changed in the path: Control Panel-->Add-Remove Programs-->Avast-->Repair>Proxy Settings). Make sure you are logged on as "administrator" on WinXP when doing this settings change.
This is where I changed mine back to "Direct connection to internet", as I have a Cable Broadband connection.
I saw that this eliminated the delay problem, and discovered this only minutes before my previous post (first post ever on the Avast forums).

I feel great, that I could help other Avast users with the problem, as well as myself.
That's what these forums are all about,, helping others. I just stumbled on it by luck.
I emailed the Avast support team, in hopes that they address this problem and let all other Avast users be aware of the problem and the solution/workaround. (Or at least have them get back to me with a gratuity of 30% of all annual sales,, lol,, just joking). ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the "Thanks" & A Best 2005 to you all,
Acco
Whadayamean it's broke,,,   let me make sure!

XP-Pro SP3 - P4 3.2 Ghz - 2 GB ram - Avast Free Home 2015.10.2.2218 - Firefox 38.0.1 - Thunderbird 31.6.0 - Imap Gmail - SpywareBlaster 5 - SuperAntiSpyware - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium

Benew

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2005, 09:00:41 PM »
So Fraoch said "Had a hard time finding the settings"
But lastly I find, and indeed IT WORKS.
Acco and Fraoch thank you very much.
Its a great forum with great people.

Greeting

Happy-Dude

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 01:36:40 AM »
I've been noticing this too ... But my update time is much faster compared to others around here, taking about maybe 12-40 seconds. But, I have seen a minute over the time ...

Funny thing is, I still use Dial-Up occasionally, and it is fast there (keeping its original update speed). Also, my update might be faster because I don't have my DSL network connected at start-up, I connect it later when I need Internet. Maybe if its at start-up, the start-up processes slow down the update progress.