Author Topic: Unable to register Internet Security 7 after reinstall.  (Read 1921 times)

CountryRefuge

Unable to register Internet Security 7 after reinstall.
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:32:21 PM »
OS Win 7 Profession, 32 bit.  Yesterday I suddenly got the UNSECURE message in my Avast IS message.  I went through the obvious attempts to fix the issue to no success.  I then combed troubleshooting and found an article addressing my issue.  Per the instructions there, I downloaded the uninstall program, booted into safe mode, removed my sadly deceased Avast IS program, then rebooted.  I downloaded the Avast 7 IS as directed and installed it. 
Now my problem begins:  I registered the free version as instructed and received my license key.  Every set of instructions I can find directs me to the subscription tab under maintenance.  I'm suppose to have a button to enter my license key, but I don't.  See picture below.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Unable to register Internet Security 7 after reinstall.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:22:49 AM »
Yesterday I suddenly got the UNSECURE message in my Avast IS message.

I registered the free version as instructed and received my license key

the first say avast AIS...the second say free.... so what is it ?

anyway the pictures you attached say avast AIS

and this is how to
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1095

CountryRefuge

Re: Unable to register Internet Security 7 after reinstall.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:02:54 AM »
Thanks!  I had to go back to my original email from months ago for the license key download.  The license key I received today was a copy & paste.  I am now off the free trial and into the full version, thanks to you!