Author Topic: SafeZone Browser LOCKED  (Read 2045 times)

Adam Traubman

SafeZone Browser LOCKED
« on: September 04, 2012, 07:27:17 PM »
My wife went into the SafeZone Brower and it locked up. Every time we hit the green "Switch Back" arrow or click the "Turn off SafeZone" button, it momentarily flashes to the regular screen (maybe a half of a second) and then switches back to the SafeZone Brower screen. I have tried logging off and clicking on the Avast icon and then going into the "Additional Protection" tab and turning it off, but it switches to the SafeZone Brower again before I have time to do so.

We have *a lot* of work to do on the computer and we have already spent two days trying to fix it. Please advise as to how we can get rid of the SafeZone Brower page and go back to our desktop as is. We really need help on this ASAP today. We submitted a ticket last week and are still waiting to hear back, so maybe one of you knows in the time being?

Thank you!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: SafeZone Browser LOCKED
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »
If you would please provide further information, it will help anyone assisting in resolving your issue. :)
What's your OS?
What version/product of Avast?
Any other security software installed that might be conflicting with Avast?

Adam Traubman

Re: SafeZone Browser LOCKED
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 01:25:41 AM »
I'm using Windows 7. I *think* it's 64-bit... almost positive. Unfortunately I do not know what version of Avast, other than it is the free version used from home... probably either 6 or 7? I would tell you but since my screen is locked to the SafeZone Browser, I can't click on the icon to to find out. LOL. Hopefully the important piece of info is that I use Windows 7. Thanks for the head's up. I'm not sure how long it takes to get a ticket reviewed, but hopefully someone here can assist on the forum. Thanks in advance!