Author Topic: Avast intercepting Messages  (Read 3400 times)

keithy397

Avast intercepting Messages
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »
Hi,

I have been using the Avast PC product for a long time but only recently started using the mobile product since i bought myself an android phone and could use some insight please.

I can't figure out why I can't permanently allow messages from Google and Orange,  Avast intercepts the messages and I have to allow each and every one.  Is there a way to permanently allow them?  It seems the settings are geared to block rather than allow?

My phone is a Samsung S5830i

Cheers,
Keith

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast intercepting Messages
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »
Hi,

I think you mean the "Unknown SMS offer" found in app Settings. There are two things you can do - either disable the offer in the Settings or add "Google" and "Orange" to your contact list.

Filip

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »
Google and some companies use different phone numbers each time they send a message. Google does for me because I have 2 step verification turned on. There phone number is always different, so adding it to a trusted list does nothing as the number is different each time. Unfortunately, the only way is to disable it or deal with it.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
Yeah, well, if the number is different for each message then there is nothing that could be done I'm afraid.

Filip

keithy397

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your replies guys but I'm not having much success I'm afraid, I can't add them to Contacts because there is nothing on the menu to allow me to do so, unlike friends and other contacts where there is.  Also, I can't check details either to discover the number to add.

Filip, there is no Unknown sms offer in the Settings > Apps menu but there is an Unknown Source, but that is for Apps from an unknown source.

I very much like the idea that Avast allows you to block calls and Sms but you'd think it would be just as simple to allow specific incoming calls and Sms?

Cheers,
Keith

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »
Hi,

OK, two things:

1) How is your Call/SMS filter set up exactly?
2) How does those messages arrive to your device? As "common" SMS? Because if I go to the stock messaging app, I have some carrier messages as well and I can simply tap on the icon of the conversation (a smiling person icon on my device) and it gives me an option to add the number to my contacts.

Filip