Author Topic: [Wishlist] For avast! 8 - Suggestions and discussion  (Read 121619 times)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: [Wishlist] For avast! 8 - Suggestions and discussion
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »
Hi :)

-I wish Avast(version 8 ) firewall automatically deletes firewall rules when you uninstall "xxxx"  program (Firefox,CCleaner....).
-I wish Avast(version 8 ) create AntiSpam support for Thunderbird. (Avast toolbar in Thunderbird)

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:45:08 PM by JuninhoSlo »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
Firewalls usually don't cleanup the lists by themself. Even some competitor products offer such functionality but you have to run it yourself so it's not exactly useful...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
but you have to run it yourself so it's not exactly useful...
Not useful? But at least you can do housekeeping by one click and not having do delete rule by rule, then group by group... It's insane...
The best things in life are free.

Dch48

« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
but you have to run it yourself so it's not exactly useful...
Not useful? But at least you can do housekeeping by one click and not having do delete rule by rule, then group by group... It's insane...
Exactly, just a function to verify rules and allow deletion of invalid ones would be nice.

nishadrox

« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
hello,

can avast add a anti theft in the avast product for laptop?
I take my laptop to school and sometimes he stands alone, it is quite creator corpse him to steal.

avast have this function for mobile.

I use avast account for four fifths computers to manage, and I would be useful if your remote can control just like avast avast mobile security. but for example you can scan, the vault, change settings and stuff.

greets from jeffrey

+1
ESET has implemented this feature in their new security suite. I think Avast should also have this feature as most people nowadays use mobile computers. If they can't develop their own Anti-Theft program they can use Prey's code and improve it as it's an open source project  ;)

LordKitsuna

« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
I would like to see Avast fully supporting windows 8 and everything actually working right so i can use all the things i am paying for in the ISS. Besides that perhaps some more features for the firewall oh and if possible get the mail shield working with windows 8's built in mail. This may be possible already but i cant figure it out.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »
I think that or 1) very "new" features (like computer anti-theft) won't be included in avast 8 because there is no time for that; or 2) we will have a surprise...
The best things in life are free.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2012, 12:33:44 AM »
I see some problems with users citing: one of Avast updates. The Supplement WebRep now cause browsers to crash Internet Explorer (8 or 9) and Google Chrome. Appears message that the browser stopped working and it restarts. Just discovered the problem after I returned the default settings of IE and then clicked Reset. After doing this I was turning each bar and when I arrived at the Avast the browser crashed.
I wonder what causes this to indicate that there is something wrong with one of your add-ons and, if possible, a fix is found.

spywar

« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »
right click to query reputation of a selected file ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »
right click to query reputation of a selected file ?

Why, when a scan would confirm the same, if it has a low number of instances and or very new or very rare, etc.

Though I think your interpretation of file reputation differs from the actual filerep of avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »
Avast Trust Connect
a program that creates a virtual private network and hides all the user's personal information when browsing the web, both at home and in public networks, such as hotels, airports, shops etc..
He takes care of encrypting all transmitted data through encryption standard, making it difficult for intruders to access your information, and do not interfere in any way the performance of your computer.
Also for wireless

TrustConnect makes surfing the web safe while at coffee shops, hotels, airports, libraries ... credit card and other sensitive information is completely safe from hackers anywhere you are using the Internet for both wire and wireless connections.

Why you need to TrustConnect WiFi security?
You never intentionally provide a criminal with private and personal information. They probably take this information and use it to take whatever they could from you.
TrustConnect Wi-Fi network security keeps you and your private information safe and out of the hands of criminals during an online session. Wherever you are, whatever type of hardware, using a public Wi-Fi connection or not, software security TrustConnect Wireless Internet keeps users connected securely and any private identity information. No one can intercept or steal information sent or received during the sessions online. They can not even determine where the information is coming from.
TrustConnect Wi-Fi Security Features:
 security encrypts all data transmitted by cable and wireless Internet connections
 Creates a Virtual Private Network to hide all personal information browse the web
It uses industry standard 128-bit encryption
. Take it protects without interfering with the normal operation of the computer
security service Wireless Internet creates a shield around your laptop, desktop or laptop. This prevents criminals from attacking or scanning your system from the local network that you are using to connect to the Internet. It also encrypts all traffic destined for the Internet. Site addresses, instant messaging, personal information, usernames and plaintext passwords and other important information can be transmitted in the clear when using publicly accessible wireless Internet. Criminals can easily intercept these broadcasts.

I know what the company can do much better than I am suggesting,preferably it is free.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:17:44 PM by jefferson santiag »

dejeffmen

« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2012, 02:41:04 AM »
Is a wifi security a option to add to avast products?

Security to dangerous wifi connections.
I surf a lot times on public WiFi with my laptop  and I don't no what a safe and dangerous wifi connections are.

thug4real

« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »
Avast 8 free will have new features?

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »
@jefferson santiag

Avast does have this feature, but it is a separate product with its own subscription service  ;)

source: http://www.avast.com/secure-line-vpn

Spulci

« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »
For Avast 8, as a paid user, I hope that Avast itself will motivate their decision to adopt a licence from Agnitum for the Avast firewall technology. I left Outpost on Avast 5 release to experience a whole new protection, even if I was aware of the fact that Avast firewall engine was at the beginning. While I know that Agnitum it's a major respected player in the security field, I was a bit unhappy to see that my security choice (AIS) is based on my previous third part choice. I'm also near the end of my AIS yearly licence and it's time to decide to renew.