Unfortunately it was not run from the RC so we could not access the run keys
Download the following three programmes to your desktop :
2. Windows 8 64bit RC
3. Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64
Extract wintoboot to your desktop
Insert a USB drive of at least 1GB
Drag and drop the Windows 8 ISO to the programme in the space indicated
Tick the Format box and accept the warnings
Press Do It
You will see it progressing
It will let you know when it is done
Then copy FRST to the same USB
Insert the USB into the sick computer and start the computer. First ensuring that the system is set to boot from USB
Note: If you are not sure how to do that follow the instructions Here
When you reboot you will see this. Select the language on this screen and keyboard on the nextSelect the Trouble shoot option Select Advanced option Select Command prompt At the command prompt type the following :
- notepad and press Enter.
- The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
- Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
- In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
- The tool will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.