Author Topic: Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}  (Read 2993 times)

SmoozeMe

Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}
« on: February 22, 2005, 05:00:09 PM »
In Infected files under name it list A0015268.exe as an infected file. Original location is listed as C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E574E301-2DCD-4BD4-B186-57EBEE66D2C1}\RP114   I have taken and shut off System Restore, Ran Avast! Virus Cleaner and it shows no infected files. ??? I have learned from the past to not delete due to the fact of taking such action only led to bigger problems. >:(  I am at a loss on what action to take next. If anyone has a solution to this problem, it would be very much appreciated. Thank You :)

By the way! I am using XP Pro for OS

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 05:07:54 PM by SmoozeMe »

lee16

Re: Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 05:40:37 PM »
Are you using avast virus cleaner or avast anti-virus ?

Difference:

avast virus cleaner looks for a small amount of specific Worms

avast anti-virus looks for virus/worms/trojans/malware etc

If you ran the virus cleaner, please install the anti-virus and run it  ;)

After this your infection should be gone, so you should be able to tuen back on system restore.

--lee

SmoozeMe

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 09:25:39 PM »
I have always had the latest version of avast. That is how it was detected. I then ran the cleaner. I ran the program BitDefender free version and it did not come up with the virus. It did however have a number figure listed under the I/O area. Do you know what that is for? Thank You

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 10:31:25 PM »
As far as I'm aware, the Avast! Virus Cleaner is an integral part of the avast4 home/pro and if it can be used it will be, e.g. if the virus is one that it can clean.

For a list of those see http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_cleaner.html for others avast will try to clean them in conjunction with the VRDB.

Trojans generally can't be repaired as their total content is malicious so the only real way to repair is delete. But moving to the chest is best to give time to investigate.

If it was in a _restore point, disabling system restore as you did should delete all restore points after you have rebooted.

Are you saying after that it is still there?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security