Author Topic: Windows Live mail send problem after update  (Read 2275 times)

NMck

Windows Live mail send problem after update
« on: March 08, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »
     After the update about 3 days ago, I could no longer send email (I use Windows live mail).  I contacted my internet provider; we went over the accounts - all was fine.  They suggested I turn off avast scan for emails - that worked. 
     I called Avast - they denied having any complaints about the update, particularly with emails; they tried to sell me a "technical support package" to "fix" my computer. 
     I looked on this blog, and surprise, surprise! complaints about email programs having problems after the latest update!!  (I fixed the problem manually in the Avast program - thank you BLOGGERS!)
     I am new to Avast and have liked it so far.  BUT - is this common with Avast? that their updates disrupts other programs (particularly email) and they deny anything is amiss in their program??

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Windows Live mail send problem after update
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
as far as i know the phone support is something avast buy from another company

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Windows Live mail send problem after update
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
I personally have not had issues on my 2 OS's with program or VPS updates disrupting other programs or my email settings, although I am reading some users seem to notice issues after updates; sometimes with email.
Not sure however what the source of the problems are? :)