Author Topic: Avast! Account Shows Anti-theft Not Installed, but It Is  (Read 24736 times)

pauldmps

Re: Avast! Account Shows Anti-theft Not Installed, but It Is
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 05:38:59 PM »
Here is mu UID: SEPsbVhjMf3QaEAz

The device was stolen on 8th May. As the device is rooted, I believe AT is still installed. 

reinhardholzner

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »
I did some changes to our codebase (though i dont know if it will help). there will be an update end of this or beginning of next week which will contain that fix. lets see if it helps.
PS: if your phone is already lost, you can always still remote control it using SMS.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
I now made an additional change, adding logic to „implicitely“ detect presence of a tool on the device. This means that if your device next time connects to our server, the AT installed flag might switch back to TRUE meaning you can use the portal then.

this means also users on stolen devices will get their status back if device next time connects.

if you have AT installed and have access to the device, just open Anti-Theft UI and wait for a few seconds. This should as well solve the problem.

Alan41238584

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »
I just installed the latest anti-theft update [4838] and both my devices still show it as switched-on in the on-line account.

So hopefully this issue is fixed.

BTW, Earlier you said "if your phone is already lost, you can always still remote control it using SMS"
No use if my Nexus 7 gets stolen!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:37:14 AM by Alan41238584 »

reinhardholzner

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
Hooray seems the fix works! :-)

electrodraco

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 04:48:30 PM »
Confirmed. Updating to the latest AT version fixes the problem. Thanks!  :D

kiwi_kirsch

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »
ok anti-theft appears installed now on both mobile and account! =)

but how come my account says this: "The device SIM was removed" which definitely wasn't..! i switch to airplane mode every evening to save battery but i didn't remove the sim in quite a while. find that weird ;)