Author Topic: Avast Software Pro Upgrade issue  (Read 10209 times)

Offline Grizzly_UK

Re: Avast Software Pro Upgrade issue
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 11:52:06 PM »
I've just had this happen to my avast Free AntiVirus. I got a "program update" message and when I checked I then got another message about my subscription having expired! I then noticed that my avast Free AntiVirus had somehow changed to avast PRO AntiVirus! So I swing by these forums to see if it's a known issue and find that it was reported 6 days ago and, apparently, avast have done absolutely nothing about the problem!

There is no "option" to switch back to the Free version, when I go to the "Subscription" tab all I see are "Subscription Status: EXPIRED" follwed by a "Renew Now" button with a "Your subscription has expired" message underneath, then the "Subscription Information" section which has no information other than "0 Days remaining" with a "Insert License file" button and finally an "Activation Code" section with an "Insert activation code" button. There is nothing else after that!

It seems that the only recourse is to uninstall avast Pro and try to reinstall avast Free. If this doesn't work then I shall simply give up and dump avast products in favour of an antivirus product that does actually work!

EDIT: I've now uninstalled avast Pro AntiVirus and reinstalled avast Free AntiVirus. So far so good, the newly installed avast Free AntiVirus hasn't "updated" itself to the Pro version "yet", hopefully it won't. I shall, obviously, continue to monitor my installation and will report back if the problem returns.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:39:04 AM by Grizzly_UK »

CyberDefense07

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 08:09:58 AM »
It's not the solution.
I'm after 3 reinstallation of FREE version.
Effect is still the same - after 2-3 days I have end of the trial period for PRO version.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing for WEEKS now.. -_-
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:13:40 AM by CyberDefense07 »

CyberDefense07

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 08:12:52 AM »
It is not strange.There is no such button.
I guess that is the part of this horrible bug.

I totally agree! I tried searching for that "Button" many times now but found nothing.. maybe it's indeed a bug.. -_-

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:31:52 PM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Marek358

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 04:43:07 PM »
This is a little amazing. I've three computers with xp. On two computers I've a problem with WORD-bug, and only on one computer I've a problem with PRO-bug. Version 8 is very inconsistent with xp, but on every computer it may look different.

HDW38

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
This is a little amazing. I've three computers with xp. On two computers I've a problem with WORD-bug, and only on one computer I've a problem with PRO-bug. Version 8 is very inconsistent with xp, but on every computer it may look different.

But there others, who haven't problems like that. BTW: It's easy coming to another download during selection.

HDW38