Author Topic: Malicious URL threat keeps popping up over and over!!!  (Read 2473 times)

victoriamcguire

Malicious URL threat keeps popping up over and over!!!
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »
I ran both Malware and Avast full scan and nothing was found.   Seems to happen mostly when I do a google search but also at very random intervals.  Very annoying and can't get it to go away.  I see others have posted this issue before but not sure if I shoud follow the same procedures to fix it or not.  I am not extremely tech savvy.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is the message I get when I click on the pop up.
Infection Details

URL:
http://disable-instant-search.com/js/dis...
Process:
file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet E...
Infection:
al

Johnny4745

Re: Malicious URL threat keeps popping up over and over!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 12:02:56 AM »
I ran both Malware and Avast full scan and nothing was found.   Seems to happen mostly when I do a google search but also at very random intervals.  Very annoying and can't get it to go away.  I see others have posted this issue before but not sure if I shoud follow the same procedures to fix it or not.  I am not extremely tech savvy.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is the message I get when I click on the pop up.
Infection Details

URL:
hxxp://disable-instant-search.com/js/dis...
Process:
file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet E...
Infection:
al

You shouldn't post the actual URL to a malicious website.  Someone like me, might click on it. 

Attachment

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
Re: Malicious URL threat keeps popping up over and over!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »
Did you install some addons or Greasmonkey userscript?
Maybe that is the problem.