Author Topic: Seeing quite a few Qihoo '360IS' (English adaption of 360 AV) installs  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Anyone else noticed this newly English-language "freemium' product?

The "battle of the search engines" for the hearts and minds of Chinese users has been pretty intense, cut-throat & dirty for some time. Qihoo and Baidu shower potential users with "bling", i.e free apps. These are now spilling over into English-speaking markets.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
The Qihoo 360 product is based on Avira engine. I haven't seen the product in action but I'd assume that if someone wants to go that route, it would be more meaningful to go with the original (which also has a free version available).

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
The Qihoo 360 product is based on Avira engine. I haven't seen the product in action but I'd assume that if someone wants to go that route, it would be more meaningful to go with the original (which also has a free version available).

Vlk
not according to this Vlk.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qihoo

360 Internet Security 2013 - The first international version of 360 pc security product, launched on June11, 2013. It provides the comprehensive internet protection with triple virus detection engine - QVM engine, Bitdefender engine and cloud engine - and protects users against the latest security threats.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:11:22 PM by Pondus »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Right-on Pondus!
Vlk, I've sent you a PM with some extra comments.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25