Author Topic: 2 problems  (Read 10016 times)

Shane

2 problems
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:06:58 PM »
1. I am getting an Application error on asaAdmin.exe when I exist the ADNM.

2. Upon reboot the SQL instance icon in the taskbar does not appear to be started, the icon has a white circle in it.  If I open it, and connect to the avast! server, I am informed an instance is already running, but it puts the green arrow in the icon then.

Maybe both small and silly problems, but wanted to make sure before I start deploying Avast! to all my clients

Shane

Shane

Re: 2 problems
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 04:52:07 PM »
Is everyone out to lunch?  :o

No takers?

Shane

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 06:52:22 PM »
Hum,

I am starting to wonder about recommending this product to my clients  :'( . I have about 250+ licenses sitting on the table, but before I drop a penny I want to make sure I get the support I need.

I have deployed demos in several locations and if I am not getting responses. I will uninstall and reinstall Symantec Corp (which was my standard for my clients).

Don't get me wrong. The Avast! product seems great, but being in the US, it's not practical to pick up the phone and call support.

Shane

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 08:38:19 PM »
Hi,

first, I'd like to apologize for late reply. I'm the one that would be helping you with various ADNM-related problems but unfortunately, the last week has been pretty hectic (we were coming back from the US and had about 1,000 things waiting in line... :-\).

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1. I am getting an Application error on asaAdmin.exe when I exist the ADNM.

Are there any files called unpXXX or unpXXX.mdmp in the <AMS>\data\log folder? If so, can you please ZIP them up and send them to my email address? BTW what operating system are you using to run the console?

2. Upon reboot the SQL instance icon in the taskbar does not appear to be started, the icon has a white circle in it.  If I open it, and connect to the avast! server, I am informed an instance is already running, but it puts the green arrow in the icon then.

My belief is that if you are using MSDE install, you can generally ignore the SQL tray icon (I believe the latest version of ADNM installer doesn't even install it). The thing is, the SQL icon doesn't reflect the correct status (in the ADNM case) because by default, we install MSDE in a special mode where it doesn't listen on any network adapters (i.e. it is for good local use only). But the process that displays the icon uses the network interfaces of SQL to query the status (I hope I'm right on this).

Thanks
Vlk

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Shane

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 04:12:02 AM »
Vlk,

No problem, I understand you are a busy group. What part of the US were you in?

The ADNM and console both are running on Win2k Server SP4.

I email those files to you if I find them. I'll Term Serve in and see if they are there.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 05:12:23 PM »
Are there any files called unpXXX or unpXXX.mdmp in the <AMS>\data\log folder? If so, can you please ZIP them up and send them to my email address? BTW what operating system are you using to run the console?

None of these files exist. I am getting the error on two computers now. One is the actual ADNM server running the console, and the other is on my laptop at the office where I have setup the console to manage all the installations I have done for my clients.

Shane

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 10:12:02 AM »
Does it happen even with the latest version (released on Wednesday)?

Shane

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 03:55:14 PM »
Vlk,

I'll cetainly give that a try!

Thanks!
Shane

Shane

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 04:22:40 AM »
Yes, it is still occuring.

I first did the update
Than tried a reinstall
Than an uninstall, regclean, and install

All still produce errors on a PC running only the console.

Thanks!
Shane

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 09:04:59 AM »
Would it be possible to get a remote desktop access to your place? ;)

Shane

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 03:43:14 AM »
Wouldn't see a problem. Email me when you want to try and I'll setup the router and get the laptop ready.

Shane