Author Topic: * Introducing * - pre-release version of upcoming avast update (4.6.663)  (Read 30112 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Can we expect a bit better detection rate with new unpackers with current signatures? No need for detailed percentage,just if this works as i think it does. Or we'll see better results only with latest signatures released after v4.6.663?

No, the unpackers and signatures are rather independent, so the improvement will happen immediatelly. Don't expect anything spectacular though - I did some quick and dirty (i.e. inaccurate) tests, and the improvement on recent malware samples was somewhere between 1 and 2%.

kotrtim

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12854.0

hope you devs remember the "Bad Pool Caller" topic.

I've been waiting for a newer version! After upgrading from .652 to this Beta version I don't encounter " Bad Pool Caller " blue screen anymore with Webshiled activated.

Thanks.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
So from now I just can use automatic update and it will check for beta or even final realease? ???

That's right. If another beta version version is released before the final one, your avast will be updated with the new beta. When the final version is released, avast will update itself again to the final version

Cool! I love avast!

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
It seems that the connection timeout issue with the Thunderbird is fixed... ;)

Thanks
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
It seems that the connection timeout issue with the Thunderbird is fixed... ;)

Thanks

I never had problems with it...  ???

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
The new update is now officially released. It is labeled as 4.6.665.
I'm locking this thread - please start a new topic to discuss any respective problem with this new version.

Thanks to everyone who helped to test it.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.