Author Topic: Avast 2014  (Read 1547 times)

AvastUser015

Avast 2014
« on: October 22, 2013, 08:57:22 PM »
I know some people are having problems with sounds and popups.

I was running Windows 8 and Avast 8. Everything was running fine. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and discovered that Avast 8 was uninstalled. I went to the site and that is when I found out about the new version. I d/l'ed and installed it (default options). I had no sound or popups at all (scans completed, alerts, updates, etc). This happened on Thursday.

Last night, I decided to uninstall Avast 2014 and reinstall. I used Advance Uninstaller Pro to uninstall Avast. Surprisingly, Adv. Uninstaller reported no left over key registries, but did report leftover files. I had the uninstaller delete them. I rebooted and searched my drive and discovered 2 directories that were not deleted, so I deleted them. I then installed Avast 2014 again, chose the customization option. Btw, I also chose not to install Chrome in both installs. In the customization, chose only to install the Rescue Disk tool. I unchecked the software updater, browser plugin, cleanup, etc. Now the alert sounds/popups and scans completed sounds/popups are working, but still get no update notifications.

Update details:
Current version: 131021-1
Release date: 10/21/2013 5:40:51 PM
Connection: Connection established
Latest update received: 10/22/2013 1:45:06 PM

I have Automatic update enabled and streaming updates enabled.

Program version is 2014.9.0.2006

I have it set to "ask when an update is available".

I hope this info will be helpful in determining the bug and fix. If you need more info, please let me know.

Btw, I do not currently have my account connected and I do NOT have "participate in community" option checked. I did have the option checked and my account connected in the previous install, but did not seem to matter.