Author Topic: Conflict Between Avast and VPN  (Read 5569 times)

js10

Conflict Between Avast and VPN
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:08:54 AM »
Hi. For some work I do, I need to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. However, since I downloaded Avast!, I've been unable to do so. I tried going through the process described on this page: http://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB16# but it's still not working.  This is very troublesome to me, so any help here would be appreciated. Thank you!

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Conflict Between Avast and VPN
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:57:51 AM »
Hi

Try this:

1:Update AIS to latest version,which is 9.0.2007
2:If you already update AIS to latest version,then I suggest uninstall/install CiscoVPN again and see if you still have problems between AIS and Cisco VPN

js10

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:29 AM »
Hi.  Thanks for the response, but unfortunately no luck.  As for AIS, I just installed for the first time about two weeks ago (after the release of the 2014 version), so I would have to think my version is the latest.  That said, when I go to the software and choose "About Avast!", it says that the program version is 2014.9.0.2006.  If this is not right, how do I correct this?

Maybe more importantly, though, I also did uninstall and then try to reinstall the Cisco VPN.  However, I get the following error message:

Failed to install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.0.08057 with installer error: Fatal error during installation. A VPN connection cannot be established.

Any thoughts? 

Thanks again!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:57:55 PM »
Right click the Avast blob, select update > programme update :)

js10

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:26:05 AM »
Okay, so that took care of the Avast update issue, but the VPN still not working!  Any more ideas?  Thanks.