Author Topic: VBS Flufferminer -D[Trj] detected  (Read 28518 times)

Drfunk

Re: VBS Flufferminer -D[Trj] detected
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 02:42:45 AM »
Is this a positive? New but joined to ask about this as i currently seem to have it. I did a little looking up about it, the first page of google hits says the virus is pretty malicious, except for on here? Also what's a VPS update? Thanks

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 02:54:27 AM »
I'm also having the same problem. I did a virus scan on Virustotal and Avast is the only one that seems to think the file is a virus. I haven't done anything to the file as everything points to a FP.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/dc8e8178619073562e6e32d184e64623ef5037d219d72241e2e52fe0d8c852ff/analysis/1384459728/

the update VPS 131115-1 fixed the problem.
this file is not already flagged by avast
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:56:09 AM by jefferson santiag »

avastreally?

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 03:17:45 AM »
Have this problem across all pc one overseas, my cousin and mine ....mine O_o

AZKID

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 08:18:57 AM »
Can we Avast users please get confirmation from Avast that this was a FP (FALSE POSITIVE) so we can go back to our daily activities? That would be very helpful.

AZKID

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »
I'm also having the same problem. I did a virus scan on Virustotal and Avast is the only one that seems to think the file is a virus. I haven't done anything to the file as everything points to a FP.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/dc8e8178619073562e6e32d184e64623ef5037d219d72241e2e52fe0d8c852ff/analysis/1384459728/

the update VPS 131115-1 fixed the problem.
this file is not already flagged by avast

Well I just updated Avast with VPS 131115-1. So everything should be fine per Jefferson Santiag.  :)

Drfunk

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »
For a new user what is the VPS?

win8

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
Have you recently used USB flash drive?

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Please download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.

Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool.
  • Select Yes if prompted to download the Avast database.

• Click Scan

• Upon completion of the scan ( Scan finished successfully ) click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review.
    Note: do NOT attempt any Fix yet.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Same problem here ! Did all that above, filew attached! Can't figure something out ! Someone explain/help please . Oh, and  What is an FP ?

As you already know the problem is solved, I did the same but I think it was a waste of time.
If you want you can delete your attachments from your post, nothing big but!
Of course delete the programs you downloaded and the files from your computer just an idea.

win8

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 12:04:58 PM »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »
For a new user what is the VPS?
Hi Drfunk,

Welcome to the forums.

Your question is a little bit off topic, as this topic is about a possible false positive report as in the topic header.  But as you may be new here, see below:  ( You can always start your own topic and ask any question you may have there.)   :)

Sorry you've had to ask twice about this.  VPS is likely an acronym for Virus Pattern Signature, otherwise known as the virus database avast! will issue to all users once or twice a day, as needed.  Must admit the VPS acronym may be off a bit, as cannot readily find documentation on this per avast!, or maybe have not looked in the right places, but the vps is the daily virus database update avast uses to update virus definitions.

Beginning with version 7.0, streaming updates were introduced, and as program builds have progressed over time, streaming updates became more frequent and now have priority over the standard vps updates issued once or twice a day.  Streaming updates are now issued up to 10 x an hour or more with version 9.0, the better to keep up with the newest and latest developing threats.

VPS virus database updates now are used primarily to clean up false positive alerts and any corruption or duplication by avast!.  In other words, this is when all prior streaming updates are consolidated and cleaned up, if needed, and all this is done at the same time when that vps is released.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

ezidor

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »
As you already know the problem is solved, I did the same but I think it was a waste of time.
I ask myself about this "FP" cause of threat localizations : "Temp\_avast_", and then "Defender/scans"... strange...
But seems all is ok now after some deep scans.  Thanks to devs for their reactivity   :)

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »
A FP is a False Postive. Meaning it was wrongfully detected as a virus.
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.