Author Topic: DONT TRUST AVAST  (Read 9684 times)

rugged man

DONT TRUST AVAST
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
after spending an hour online with avast teck and him trying to fix my computer because I could not download my lisence from there email, HE TOLD ME MY COMPUTER WAS VERY BADLY DAMAGED and insisted I spend 179.99 with his recormmended ENGINEER, what a crock of bull he was shoveling. I fixed my computer myself after trying different methods. AVAST ARE CROOKS. STAY AWAY. GET FREE AVG INSTEAD.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
Re: DONT TRUST AVAST
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »
after spending an hour online with avast teck and him trying to fix my computer because I could not download my lisence from there email, HE TOLD ME MY COMPUTER WAS VERY BADLY DAMAGED and insisted I spend 179.99 with his recormmended ENGINEER, what a crock of bull he was shoveling. I fixed my computer myself after trying different methods. AVAST ARE CROOKS. STAY AWAY. GET FREE AVG INSTEAD.

If you needed help you should have asked for it here on the forum........and it's free.

Avast is the best Anti Virus Program I've had and I've been using it for years and years.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »
the phone support is not done by avast.    :P

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 04:33:40 PM »
You should contact the avast third party support coordinator please include a link to this thread.

nekvapil(at)avast(dot)com  or  riley(at)avast(dot)com
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline snowflake1

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »
after spending an hour online with avast teck

Are you sure it was an Avast tech you were permitting to access your computer ?

and him trying to fix my computer

How was he trying to do it? With what tools ?
because I could not download my lisence from there email

Surely the license key is in your email and all you do is to copy and paste it into the Registration section of your Avast program?

HE TOLD ME MY COMPUTER WAS VERY BADLY DAMAGED
Damaged by what ? Maybe his attempts to 'clean it' maybe ?

and insisted I spend 179.99 with his recormmended ENGINEER[ /quote],
Did you actually do that and if so why as it is your choice and not them telling /demaidng what you do with your machine
what a crock of bull he was shoveling.

The individual may well have been 'inappropriate 'for you as  it is very pssible you were not in contact with a legitimate  Avast individual

I fixed my computer myself after trying different methods
. Are you prepared to tell us  how you did that ?

AVAST ARE CROOKS
Yes if you  got in contact with  someone who was not of Avast and was not a legitimate person from Avast but how did you fidn the Avast contact? What tool did you use to find the engineer?
STAY AWAY. GET FREE AVG INSTEAD
.Stay away from fraudsters yes !!

So how are you progressing with Free Avast now ?

Harz015

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »

That is not the right way to act, by the way other problems can be easily done by just using search engines!!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »
As it has already been explained this help given was from a third party support company and not avast directly,  Para-Noid has supplied the contact details to report this problem for it to be dealt with.

Arnold72

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »
the phone support is not done by avast.    :P

A very interesting comment indeed and a surprising one at that.
Are you suggesting that avast themselves provide no support to its users what so ever...?

If so...then this is indeed a sorry state of affairs which needs immediate rectification.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 06:24:41 PM »
Are you suggesting that avast themselves provide no support to its users what so ever...?
What do you think this forum is for ::)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 06:44:42 PM »
People...this about the third party support.
I'm quite sure that avast does care about its user base. 

No, I do not like the hard sell tactics used by the suppliers of the third party support.
Personally I feel the best support is right here on the forums.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Legbiter

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:36 PM »
Been using Avast for over 10 years - it was recommended to me by my University Professor.  Only had one solitary issue with malware in all that time. 
In addition I have installed or motivated the installation of Avast on dozens of computers, replacing bloated Norton or McAfee suites.  Not only have there been No issues, each and every PC was instantly 40-50% faster through removal of these big name resource hogs. 

Machiavelli

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »
For me AVAST is the best. I can only recommend that product.

GET FREE AVG INSTEAD.
Why should be AVG better?

Offline snowflake1

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
For me AVAST is the best. I can only recommend that product.

GET FREE AVG INSTEAD.
Why should be AVG better?

You will note that the thread starter  has not yet returned to the thread to give their reasons and that they have posted this  comment on a forum dedicated to Avast ...

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:12:16 PM by snowflake1 »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
You will note that the thread started has not yet returned to the thread to give their reasons and that they have posted this  comment on a forum dedicated to Avast ...

It could be that the OP is in contact with one of the persons I posted above.
Which could/would explain why they haven't posted here again.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
I fail to see how anyone could fix a computer over the phone without even seeing it and then have the audacity to charge for it..the suggestion is absurd.