Author Topic: Avast android mobile detect most apps as virus  (Read 17097 times)

nadh1r

Avast android mobile detect most apps as virus
« on: January 09, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »
I turn on the wifi just now, and check my facebook, wassap, wechat and suddenly i got warning from avast that my facebook contain virus, trojan or something, so i uninstall it, later on, avast show problems and shows that my google play,wechat,jorte calender and most of the apps as virus..and i tried scanning my phone, so far it detect 50++ problems in which all of them shows trojan in my apps...what is the meaning of this? i cannot believe my phone is infected with virus, and if they were, how come all the apps are infected

nadh1r

Re: Avast android mobile detect most apps as virus
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
so the problem is from avast, not us

Offline frg

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »
Same problem here!

And it is a DISASTER, because it has decided that GO Launcher is infected.

As this app is managing the look of my screen, it keeps restarting every second, draining all the phone resources, and making it completely unusable.

Please correct ASAP!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »
Hi,

unfortunatelly wrong virus definitions have been released for a brief amount of time. We are working on a fix and once it is released, I'll let you know (so you can manually check for updates and don't have to wait for the automatic process to kick in).

Filip

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
Hello,
update the VPS to 14010901, please.

Milos

geneses

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:35:04 PM »
Same problem here. Avast is reporting everything on my phone as malware. This isnt good! I use my phone for business.

Offline Blobba

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »
You need to update to the latest virus version as described by Milos. This will fix the problem.

-> 140109-01

Offline KM11

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »
Totally useless reply..but I have the same problem..hence why I'm here and delighted to have found this thread! :D will try and update as Milos suggested.

Mr.Oz

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 07:25:04 PM »
Knowing that these were false positives, I was adding them to the ignore list just to make my phone usable again. About 60 apps/phone features. I cannot open the ignore list to remove them again. I believe I should be clicking on the green 'Secured' in the top-right of the screen, but this does not work. When I chose 'Allow for 15 minutes' this was red and clickable. Is there another way to open the ignore list?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:32:51 PM by Mr.Oz »

Offline Blobba

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »
easy way:

Virus-Scan ->  Log-> Ignore-List  8)

Mr.Oz

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 08:25:05 PM »
Thanks, sorted. It was still a bit hard to see, so here's a little more detail for anyone else that can't find it:
Virus Scanner >  LOG (small writing in top-right corner) > IGNORE LIST (top-right corner again)

parulk30

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
Thanks, sorted. It was still a bit hard to see, so here's a little more detail for anyone else that can't find it:
Virus Scanner >  LOG (small writing in top-right corner) > IGNORE LIST (top-right corner again)

Why use ignore list, i am also getting issue and reply , i am using Total recall best call recorder app, its 100 % safe & secure app but avast continue  flagging a PAID application as a PUP..please check my thread reply here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=140477.30 that's really bad for us(total recall user). Other some best antivirus company pass this app that means its virus free app.

Friends, we like Avast because we believe this company if this avast not solved our issue that's bad for all avast user ..its simple display avast continue creating issue with our most like app.

Here i am again request to avast team or technical person > we want full solution about "flagging a PAID application as a PUP" .Please fixed this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks   

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »
It is not 100% safe, that is the reason why avast flags it as a PUP.
The only issue is that the makers of TR and many users don't understand what a PUP is.
Paid or not doesn't matter.
Paid applications can also be dangerous.

Quote from Denics (avast team):
The detection will remain for security reasons, that is the final statement.

The application could be used for stealing sensitive information. Every notification can be turned off, that's an android feature since 4.3 so Total Recall could be running stealthily on a phone without user's consciousness. Also, the application can be decompiled, modified and repacked by a 3rd party to disable its notifications.

avast! Mobile Security offers the option to disable PUP detection or add an application to a whitelist so it will no longer be detected on the device.

parulk30

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 03:43:27 PM »
It is not 100% safe, that is the reason why avast flags it as a PUP.
The only issue is that the makers of TR and many users don't understand what a PUP is.
Paid or not doesn't matter.
Paid applications can also be dangerous.

The application could be used for stealing sensitive information. Every notification can be turned off, that's an android feature since 4.3 so Total Recall could be running stealthily on a phone without user's consciousness. Also, the application can be decompiled, modified and repacked by a 3rd party to disable its notifications.

avast! Mobile Security offers the option to disable PUP detection or add an application to a whitelist so it will no longer be detected on the device.

Hi, Thanks for reply

But how to said that "Paid applications can also be dangerous." i am not agree with same.  :(

In TR, Paid or free version No ads available, Please tell me how to you said that ?

if Paid app dangerous > its big issue with avast and developer.

Application developer wasting own time to creating Paid version app with some good features.

Please explain me your positive reply because every user want to know why "Paid applications can also be dangerous."?

Thanks,

parulk30

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »

Hi,

i have rechecked your final statement , here i have lots of questions ..hope i will get each question answer please check below :-

1. Please explain me what's means by " stealing sensitive information" ?
2. Please explain me what's means by "stealthily on a phone without user's consciousness" ?
3. please explain me what's means by "decompiled, modified and repacked by a 3rd party to disable its notifications" ?
4. why other call recorder, which providing bad call recording and user don't like this ...why avast pass this type recorder ? 

This is best place where i will get answer my question, Hope anyone reply me with details.

Thanks,
Parulk30
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:45:32 PM by parulk30 »