Author Topic: twlauncher lootor-G has paralysed my phone  (Read 1759 times)

billtree

twlauncher lootor-G has paralysed my phone
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:05:58 PM »
On my android phone (V2.3.3, I think) (Samsung Galaxy S2)  I receive the following message at startup: twlauncher is a potentially unwanted program ELF: Lootor-G (PUP). I am given the options of uninstall, allow for 15 minutes or info, however the buttons are not on screen for very long. Avast says that there are two problems, I’m not sure what the other one is. The message flashes on and off and is therefore difficult to read. The phone opens in driving mode. I have pulled the battery out and replaced it a couple of times, I am able to put the phone into flight mode, and I was able to pull down the tab at the top and put it out of driving mode. I am otherwise unable to click on anything.  It now displays the wrong date and time (10:01 january 1.) It seemingly arrived after viewing innocuous mainstream corporate websites (news.com.au,  qct.edu.au, gmail) at about 8:30pm on 9/01/2014 Australian Eastern Standard time.

What can I do? I seem unable to do anything with the phone.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: twlauncher lootor-G has paralysed my phone
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144407.msg1047275#msg1047275

Please use the search option on this webboard before asking.
Many things have already been explained, many questions have already been answered.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: twlauncher lootor-G has paralysed my phone
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
Hello,
update the VPS to 14010901, please.

Milos