Author Topic: Please explain Grime Fighter - is this normal?  (Read 3112 times)

Offline teevoz

Please explain Grime Fighter - is this normal?
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:22 AM »
I bought this program today and started to run it at about 8AM. It is now 2AM -18 hours later - and it is still chugging along. Says it is at "507 karma" without any explanation of what that means. How long can I expect this to go on, and is it repairing as it goes? If I were to stop it so I can get back to my files, will I have wasted these hours and have to do it all over again?  Please can someone explain this to me?  Is this normal? Thanks

Offline etm567

Re: Please explain Grime Fighter - is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:50:27 PM »
I have the same precise question. I've already interrupted it once before, and now I'm running it again. Started last night, it's now 3 pm the next day. I've seen elsewhere where folks have had it run 2 or 3 days. But I would like to know if I interrupt it, is the time already spent wasted? Or has it done something?

I see no one has answered you. I hope they will, soon. I am trying to wait it out, but I can't wait 2 or 3 days.

Thank you...

Offline al2

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:04:04 PM »
You didn't  directly mention your urgency in your other post, so see the post in the long thread made by the Avast team member which I quoted - I'd follow his advice.This applies to any one having urgent probs with grimefighter U've paid for the software + the SUPPORT that comes with it

Good Luck
The greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing...To place your ideas+dreams,before the crowd.Is to risk their loss.To love is to risk it not being returned.To live is to risk dying.To hope is to risk despair.To try is to risk failure.Someone who risks+does nothing.Has  and is nothing.They may avoid suffering and sorrow But. Risks must be taken as The greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.Only a person who risks is free" - Leo Buscalia

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
Hi,

GrimeFighter shouldn't run for that long.  It is a known bug and we are working hard to fix it asap. I can't guarantee a fix date though, we just don't know yet.

Please be patient while we work through this.  If you are really frustrated, you can open a support ticket and get a refund.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused

GrimeFighter team