Author Topic: Issues with new EDU license  (Read 3738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jpursglove

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Issues with new EDU license
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:16:22 PM »
Hello,

I was having issues with Clients saying they are in trial mode. Also I had clients showing up in the console with a key.  So I asked Avast for a new license key with more end points.  I received it quickly after emailing edu@avast.com 

So I applied the license via the server and now all of my clients say they are expired and they keep popping up.  I can not even manually install the license key on my client computer. It asks for a password which I don't have. 

Any help on getting this thing back up and running without manually going out and uninstalling the client on thousands of clients.

Offline warrenb@

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: Issues with new EDU license
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »
Do you have windows firewall turned on for the client machines?

Also the default password for the settings on the client machines I believe is just admin.

Once you put the new license file in the server when your reboot your clients it should receive the updated license.

Offline jpursglove

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Issues with new EDU license
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:44:25 PM »
Windows firewall is disabled on everything via group policy. 

I have rebooted several machines over the last week hoping that would work.  Also have restarted SQL and the server running the console.

Thanks.

Offline warrenb@

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: Issues with new EDU license
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:51:28 PM »
I am sure you have probably checked this, but the only other thing that I have seen cause this in my setup was hitting the license count.

Offline Eddy

  • Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • ***
  • Posts: 31341
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Issues with new EDU license
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 10:15:22 AM »
I can be wrong, but if I remember correctly I've read a post a while back where this problem was solved by resetting something.
Can't remember what though, but I think it was something with (re)building a database or something like that.

Perhaps this rings a bell Warren... ?

EDIT:
Something I found that could help. Source = http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/504461-deploying-renewed-avast-enterprise-license-to-clients
Quote
As you recently renewed your license, first you must insert the license into the EAS maintenance tool.  The clients will receive the new license information and file once the client has reconnected to the server for updates, or you can simply create an update task and push it to the clients.

If not, the client will automatically get the license but not until after the next update is scheduled.  So in the EA, if the clients have been updated with the new license, create a task to update the clients and then Run the task as you would any other program or VPS update task and you should then see the clients respond with the new license expiration date.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:19:00 AM by Eddy »

Offline jpursglove

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Issues with new EDU license
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 05:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  Eddy I checked your link and will follow up.  I already did insert the license file on the EAS Maint screen

Offline jpursglove

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Issues with new EDU license
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
I went back and reinserted the new license key.  Then it said it needed to restart the service.  I allowed it to do the restart and then restarted the server entirely.  Just to make sure that all services that need to be restarted are restarted.  Now all is working well.

Thanks for all your help.