Author Topic: I am back  (Read 2951 times)

Wildman

I am back
« on: September 30, 2005, 01:13:52 AM »
;D O.k., it is no secret about my long on going battle with another's "free" virus protection program. I at last have given up on them. I went back to AVG, but all said try AVAST. So here I am again. I will say that I like AVG and find it very easy to install and use, but all say you have better detection. I found AVAST a slight bit more cumbersum to install and figure out the options however, but I admit that is just personal preference. Time will tell, but for now I will give you a try again.

Thanks
Wildman

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I am back
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:45:45 AM »
But all say you have better detection.
I'm glad to know.

I found AVAST a slight bit more cumbersum to install and figure out the options however
For me, avast! is configurable and can fit the user needs. AVG doesn't.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 03:03:04 PM »
As an ex AVG user, I haven't looked back since installing avast! much more flexible, configurable and offers additional providers (modules) not available in AVG.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Wildman

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 06:59:31 PM »
 :) For a long time I had an old machine with very limited memory capacity and was not able to utilize AVAST, now I have a new machine with much more memory and a bigger hard drive. My point is this, in your next version release could you perhaps address this issue? I found that individuals with older machines and limited memory capacity are not able to take advantage of what appears to be a very good virus protection program. Could you also give some instructions on how to choose and set up the various options upon installing AVAST? From the looks of things thus far, I may at long last have found the virus protection program that I will stick with. I think it is also no secret as to what I look for in the company that is behind the product, and "free" is no excuse to not care about that part of the companies overall operations.

Thanks
Wildman
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 07:10:36 PM by Wildman »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 07:38:32 PM »
I think it is also no secret as to what I look for in the company that is behind the product, and "free" is no excuse to not care about that part of the companies overall operations.
Wildman, a lot of these configurations are available into help files and the forums.
I've installed avast in an old Windows 95 laptop and it worked like a charm. You need to learn how to configure: read help files and read the forum  8)
The best things in life are free.