Author Topic: Auto Renewal  (Read 6820 times)

Offline Dawn18

Auto Renewal
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:55:56 AM »
I'm trying to cancel the auto renewal feature on my order. On my order confirmation it says that you must log into "My Subscription Portal" and select the option to disable auto renewal. Here's my problem, I type in my email and the last 5 digits of my credit card and it brings me to the page the says "Manage Subscription" and when it asks for my email address and password, it keeps telling me to enter a valid email. The email address i am entering IS my valid email. I feel like this is just their way of trying to rip me off and get me to pay for something that I do not want to renew when it comes time for renewal. I have written to them , but no one has replied back to me.
Anyone have any idea as to what I should do?
Thanks, Dawn

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Auto Renewal
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:44:04 AM »
Possibly one of these links will help.

Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast orders distributed by Nexway
https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB136#artTitle

Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast orders distributed by Digital River
https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB126#artTitle

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:28:55 AM »
I tried the link suggested but it does not resolve the problem the original user submitted -- it still gives an error saying the email is invalid.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
I tried the link suggested but it does not resolve the problem the original user submitted -- it still gives an error saying the email is invalid.

Hi Dan90!
That is really strange. Are you trying in findmyorder.com or in avast.com/find-order? Could you please attach a screenshot that includes the URL you're using?
Anyhow, I've cancelled your auto renewal, you should receive an email confirmation :)

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »
I have the same issues as the others above. Managing a subscription should not be this hard. I tried all of the suggestions given above and my email address keeps getting rejected. I have submitted a ticket for cancellation.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »
I'm having this exact same problem!!! My support ticket has not been addressed and of course I just found out that adding a comment on it puts me back at the bottom of the queue (thanks for that warning ahead of time, guys!). It's going to autorenew in two days and I can't do anything about it. I'm so pissed at this company right now.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 05:47:18 PM »
I'm having this exact same problem!!! My support ticket has not been addressed and of course I just found out that adding a comment on it puts me back at the bottom of the queue (thanks for that warning ahead of time, guys!). It's going to autorenew in two days and I can't do anything about it. I'm so pissed at this company right now.

Have you tried the links given in the first reply to disable auto renewal ?
Also see - Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast products https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB126#artTitle.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 05:50:10 PM »
Yes, the problem is that when I get to the "manage subscription" part it asks for my email again and does not recognize it as a valid email, even though I just used it in the previous step and it's the email avast uses to communicate with me. Just like a previous poster said. I've spent literally HOURS trying to figure this out myself but have gotten nowhere and avast has been no help. It'd be really nice if billing issues could be handled over the phone instead of the ticket system.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »
@mary
If you would please post your ticket # here in this Topic, it will allow for your situation to be addressed more readily. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 06:10:25 PM »
My ticket number is #YZE-353-62993. This is time sensitive as it is supposed to renew in 2 days. It's last minute, I know, but I've been trying to figure out how to cancel for several days now. I certainly wasn't expecting canceling to be this difficult.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »
My ticket number is #YZE-353-62993. This is time sensitive as it is supposed to renew in 2 days. It's last minute, I know, but I've been trying to figure out how to cancel for several days now. I certainly wasn't expecting canceling to be this difficult.

Hi mary_palkovic!

We discovered an issue when attempting to log in to the Order Portal using the credit card/email as credentials, which sounds like your case.
Logging in using the order ID and password should work flawlessly. Either way, I've already cancelled your auto-renewal.
Sorry for the inconvenience :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:42:42 PM by moroni »

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »
Thank you so much!

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »
I am having the same problems as above.
My ticket number is #AUW-121-40416
My order number is 14327882800
When I try to find my order it won't accept my order number and password. I want to be able to access my order to turn off automatic renewal. This is proving to be very problematic.
Is there a link on the Avast web site to go to the find your order page? I didn't know it even existed until I saw it in the forum.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
Hi bnyce32, welcome to the forum :)

Did you try it here https://www.avast.com/find-order

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »
Yes. It won't recognize my order number and password.