Author Topic: Support?  (Read 6523 times)

REDACTED

Support?
« on: May 07, 2015, 10:56:56 PM »
Hi,

How come my support ticket as still not been replied to it's been 5 days?

Ticket Number: #REE-286-26546

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Support?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »
Hi,

It does take time with the support but we can help here as avast users...

What is your issue?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 11:19:23 PM »
My questions. :D

Hi,

Q1: I'm wanting to give SecureLine VPN a try but when I go to my Avast Premier UI then Tools > SecureLine VPN > it says this.

Your trial version as expired

Q2: Will SecureLine VPN be any good for using on a mobile to connect to the internet, or would I have to use a WIFI or my mobile allowance?

Thanks
David

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
1) When did you install the trial version of Premier?
2) See https://www.avast.com/en-us/secureline-vpn

edit: Here's some more https://www.avast.com/en-us/store
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:14:59 AM »
1) When did you install the trial version of Premier?
2) See https://www.avast.com/en-us/secureline-vpn

edit: Here's some more https://www.avast.com/en-us/store

In Feb 2014 of the VPN... Would be good to try it again as it's been over a year since I last tried it.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »
Hi,

:o Yes, I totally agree with you kuyenmotdivad
Dutifully filled out my ticket well over five days ago, and still no reply even after asking for an answer.  :( ::)

Your ticket summary:
Ticket ID#UMA-664-18840
First and Last Name (my name)
Email (my email address)
Subject: Threatening email from Avast

Your Message

Dear Team,

Today I received this threatening email from you, stating:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello (my name),

Your Avast Internet Security license is going to expire within 48 hours.
After that your computer will not receive any virus database updates and security shields will be deactivated.
To keep your computer secure renew your license today."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to my records and 'Customer Number' 112075093, my current Avast License is valid to 20-04-2016 1:28:07PM.

It would appear that there is a communication break-down somewhere between your accounts department
and those that send out unwelcome and unpleasant emails to 'Genuine' up to date customers.

Best regards,
(my name)

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
I have used AVAST for years, and had been very satisfied.  At this point, I am disappointed and disgusted by Avast support services and don’t plan to renew.  I will purchase other anti-virus services.  I won't reiterate my experience with support- you can read about it in this thread https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=170591.0

see how tech support compares with other antivirus programs here 
http://www.pcantivirusreviews.com/Comparison/  where AVAST tech support is rated "Poor" compared to others

Evidently, my experience is not unique.

Read about AVASTs technical support here  http://www.pcantivirusreviews.com/Reviews/avast/Internet-Security-Software/ 

Technical Support: 50%

Avast's technical support department is a big let-down for us. For an otherwise good product, Avast really misses the mark when it comes to support.

On the surface, their support page looks really good. There's a searchable knowledgebase, forum link, support ticket link, and even a prominent phone number to call.

But then things get murky. Fast.

If you want to submit a support ticket from the user interface, you're forced to walk through several selections (with an annoying pop-up, no less) just to be allowed to ask your question.

After submitting, it says you'll get a response in a few days--even if you label your question, "critical."

We're not talking about recipe software here, we're talking about security software. You need to be able to rely on the manufacturer to help you when you need it. The lack of clarity and transparency here is no good.

If you opt to call them, there's a whole host of new problems to deal with.

First, the rep we talked to said they have support centers in the Czech Republic as well as the US. We ourselves were always routed to Costa Rica, no doubt because of the similarity of time zones.

While it's true they will give you "free" support for minor issues like installation help, configuration, etc., that's where the free part of the equation ends.

If you have a virus infection, you're going to need to pay a one-time fee of $119 for them to remove it (or $179 for a year's worth of service). This is the highest one-time fee of any manufacturer this year.

Aside from our own experience with their technical support, we've had numerous complaints from readers this year that fell into two categories:

that Avast hasn't always fully removed viruses even after paying the fee.
    that they've been given a "hard sell" to try to up-sell them to the yearly service.

Yuck.

It's a serious ding in an otherwise good Internet Security suite.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »
Support tickets can take up to two weeks before you get a reply.
It's first in...first out. So do not start another ticket or else you will end up back at the end of queue.

Also did you purchase a one year or multi-year SecureLine license?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »
Support tickets can take up to two weeks before you get a reply.
It's first in...first out. So do not start another ticket or else you will end up back at the end of queue.

Also did you purchase a one year or multi-year SecureLine license?

Still no reply to my original post, from 2nd when I posted the ticket till now. With no reply, I have to say there applications are good but there support is very bad...

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »
I will put this forward.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 09:54:57 PM »
your Question 1+2 answered in the ticket.

And answers also bellow

Q1 - when you see this message then it means that you've used the trial period already. I'm sorry there is no workaround how to get to the trial again. Once a device connected to the servers then countdown started. We might check you log if you think that's an error. Send us c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\SecureLine.log for a check please

Q2 - the VPN doesn't care if you are connecting via ethernet, wifi or mobile connection. It simply secures your connection between your computer and a server. But please be aware what product you purchase. If you want to secure your PersonalComputer then purchase SecureLine for Windows. If you want to secure your connection while browsing on a mobile device then you need product for Android or iOS. We plan to merge all these products in future.

Quality is also a feature.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 11:18:23 PM »
Off Topic :

We plan to merge all these products in future.

Finally a public conformation of what different sources at Avast! told me too. But do you also have an ETA for us ?

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I sent the log file on the ticket.

your Question 1+2 answered in the ticket.

And answers also bellow

Q1 - when you see this message then it means that you've used the trial period already. I'm sorry there is no workaround how to get to the trial again. Once a device connected to the servers then countdown started. We might check you log if you think that's an error. Send us c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\SecureLine.log for a check please

Q2 - the VPN doesn't care if you are connecting via ethernet, wifi or mobile connection. It simply secures your connection between your computer and a server. But please be aware what product you purchase. If you want to secure your PersonalComputer then purchase SecureLine for Windows. If you want to secure your connection while browsing on a mobile device then you need product for Android or iOS. We plan to merge all these products in future.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 03:54:56 PM »
Well, I am happy to say guys, that Carlos from Avast HQ contacted me today and provided me with a solution to my issue.

Better late than never I suppose   :-\ but 20 days?!  :-[

Okay, all is good, case closed and Avast is still my favourite AV  :-*

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 05:28:14 PM »
Any staff on? I updated my ticket...