Author Topic: Problems with vpn and imac  (Read 6967 times)

REDACTED

Problems with vpn and imac
« on: October 21, 2016, 02:17:02 AM »
Installed it few days ago
Kept getting messages about not connecting
Slowed computer down and now my Mac won't start
Anyone had same problems

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Problems with vpn and imac
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 08:44:04 AM »
Hi Inga15,

Could you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app?  It's very strange that the Mac wouldn't start at all, it's not something we've heard of before.

thanks,

Davidek

Offline Michal Vojtíšek

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:55 AM »
Hi Inga15,
we have seen similar behaviour during our internal testing caused by incomplete application installation.

When you change location, does it connect to selected location or does the selected location change when connected?
Can you create a support package and send it to vpn.feedback.group@avast.com referring to topic 192175? (please do not attach the package here as it contains your private license key)

After submitting the support package, you can try to fix it by reinstallation:
- uninstall current version
- restart computer (please don't skip this step)
- download new version and install
- enter your subscription code in application preferences and connect the VPN

Thank you for your feedback and helping us getting more details about the issue.

Offline krahulik

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:11:58 AM »
Hello,
  this is very strange, the product could potentially slow down the computer if it used too much computer resources due to some bug. However, from the Apple diagnostics we receive we don't have any signals about such an issue. The SecureLine product doesn't have any kernel extension that could block the boot. May be you will need to follow the https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 guide to boot to the safe mode and to investigate /var/log/system.log and /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports to find the root cause on boot issues. If you get to the conclusion that the boot issue is caused by Avast SecureLine, it is possible to uninstall it from the command line by an execution of following command: sudo /Library/Application\ Support/AvastSecureLine/hub/uninstall.sh

Michal Vojtisek's reponse related to not connecting is correct. The support package (Help -> Avast Technical Support -> Generate support package) would be very helpful.

Best Regards,
  Martin

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »
My vpn license is valid but the activation code isn't working. What's going on. I paid for 2 years. If avast can't fix the issues, I want a full refund.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 02:42:02 PM »
Please do not hijack threads.
You're problem has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Next to that, this thread has been dead for almost 5 months.

Go ask avast as only they can see why the license is (possibly) not working > https://support.avast.com

Offline krahulik

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »
Hello Nitsotolis,
  we are at this moment experiencing an issue with the latest product version that the license bought in last couple months gets replaced with the older one (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=198597.0).

You have received an confirmation email containing an activation code together with the purchase. If you open the SecureLine application preferences and enter the activation code there, the product should accept it and start operating normally.

I'm deeply sorry about the inconveniences caused to you
Martin

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »
My VPN for Mac hasn't been working for 2 weeks. I can't even recover the activation code and reinstall.
I paid for 2 years. Avast refund my money. This service sucks

Offline krahulik

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
We are testing an update that should restore the license on most of devices. We have also setup our database yesterday evening that the already released product version should discover the lost license during its reinstallation.

Best Regards,
  Martin