Author Topic: Interesting Software and System News  (Read 2840974 times)

YoKenny

Re: Interesting Software and System News
« Reply #2250 on: September 25, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
I guess you aren't yet an adult.
You're right. I consider myself in my second childhood.  ;D
Me too.

I have learned to get along with people and it works best if you are not confrontational but Logos is the master of Confrontation

4. an open conflict of opposing ideas, forces, etc.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/confrontation

Its not easy for French people to understand  English even though many English words have French roots.

Maybe it goes back to the French Revoution where all intelligent people where killed ???

Have you ever tried to deal with a French-Canadian ???

Dch48

« Reply #2251 on: September 25, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »
I have adopted this as my motto:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.

It serves me well and I enjoy the simple things in life a lot more than many people my age who have allowed the stereotypes of society to apply to them because they think it's the way they should be.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #2252 on: September 25, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »
Me too.

I have learned to get along with people and it works best if you are not confrontational but Logos is the master of Confrontation

Its not easy for French people to understand  English even though many English words have French roots.

Maybe it goes back to the French Revoution where all intelligent people where killed ???

This certainly isn't Logos who is trying to start up another confrontation.  :(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2253 on: September 25, 2010, 11:23:15 PM »
We got off topic here... ::)
The best things in life are free.

Hermite15

« Reply #2254 on: September 26, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »
Me too.

This certainly isn't Logos who is trying to start up another confrontation.  :(

thanks Bob ;) just wondering how long it will still take until they decide to ban him.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:29:07 AM by Logos »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #2255 on: September 26, 2010, 09:22:17 AM »
Logos isn't the one going around randomly insulting people and trying to start confrontations, you are Kenny. You are a very narrow minded man and a master troll.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:26:16 AM by m416 »

13thSlayer

« Reply #2256 on: September 26, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »
Logos isn't the one going around randomly insulting people and trying to start confrontations, you are, Kenny. You are a very narrow minded man and a master, amazing, superb, fantastic troll. Congratulations.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 02:44:41 PM by 13thSlayer »

Hermite15

« Reply #2257 on: September 26, 2010, 02:41:27 PM »
archiving Yokenny's xenophobic hits ;D so far he's been ranting against the French, the Russians, the Slovens and anything that's not Canadian with obscure British roots and illiterate. But hey, unless you bash a potential customer (who deserves it), you're not banned here ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2258 on: September 26, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »
Well raking over hot coals is hardly likely to make matters any better. If you don't like it use the report to moderator link in the offensive post.

So lets get back on topic thanks.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #2259 on: September 26, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »
Well raking over hot coals is hardly likely to make matters any better. If you don't like it use the report to moderator link in the offensive post.

So lets get back on topic thanks.

...didn't notice that unless reporting obvious spam, that link was useless  ??? ::)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2260 on: September 26, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
Then that is a problem with the system and they the moderators are the ones to hand out any bananas or warnings should they feel it necessary and as a third party you don't know if action has been taken (I doubt you would be informed of that).

All that the tit for tat fighting achieves is to derail and take a topic off topic.

Then we do see some intervention in the topic, but by then the topic has little value to its original subject. We have no input or control over the moderators action/s; all we have is the report to moderator link, if it is used enough I guess they would have to take notice, but the tit for tat posting fanning the flames achieves even less, to the detriment to the topic.

My last comment on this as we are taking it even further off-topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #2261 on: September 26, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
...the lack of action in terms of moderation here is deplorable, an absolute disaster. It's been mentioned several times and that doesn't change anything, they don't delete duplicates, they don't move posts when necessary, they don't lock or delete duplicated threads, and they allow a psycho like the poster mentioned here to be off topic and insult randomly tens of members. I'm asking here and publicly for a permanent ban of Yokenny. The guys never helps anyone (how could he...), he's spreading off topics posts all over the forums, again he's insulting people randomly and mostly in regard to their citizenship, uploading ridiculous and retarded pictures, and that should go on? how long? I mean the guy is the shame of that forum, get him out of here >:(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2262 on: September 26, 2010, 07:58:38 PM »
...the lack of action in terms of moderation here is deplorable, an absolute disaster. It's been mentioned several times and that doesn't change anything, they don't delete duplicates, they don't move posts when necessary, they don't lock or delete duplicated threads
+1

But let's go back to the topic.
We can discuss this in another thread, or even opening a poll about Moderation :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2263 on: September 27, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »
...the lack of action in terms of moderation here is deplorable, an absolute disaster. It's been mentioned several times and that doesn't change anything, they don't delete duplicates, they don't move posts when necessary, they don't lock or delete duplicated threads

Nearly all of the action in this forum is contributed by members.
From what I've seen, through constant searching the web (which is what I do), there is lot more direct response and problem-solving here than you will find in other forums that support antivirus brands. This would be one reason why avast puts up with the sometimes wild west nature of the forum (they have said as much).

Things do actually get done here. Though at times it is something of a balancing act. YoKenny is a master at playing the balance either way, but mostly he provides accurate and up-to-date information, which is good because he brings a wealth of knowledge ((depth and breadth) to the forum. If you've been here a while, you've likely locked horns sometime or other with YoKenny, so you know how to defuse any potential conflict situation. That is always the best option. I doubt very much if the moderators have time to pay attention whenever we start to bicker amongst ourselves. 
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Hermite15

« Reply #2264 on: September 27, 2010, 02:37:21 PM »
but mostly he provides accurate and up-to-date information, which is good because he brings a wealth of knowledge ((depth and breadth) to the forum

oh ;D >>> this quoted part should be archived somewhere :D are they giving medals here off and on? both of you would deserve one actually :)