Hi beta testers,
today we got something special for you. As you probably noticed AVAST recently acquired AVG and today we release the very first beta version of the new AVG Antivirus.
I hope you don't mind that I post it here on AVAST forum, please give it a try and let us know your opinion.
It's based on the same engine as Avast, with some AVG specific functionality (Zen, Behavior analysis called "Software Analyzer", Data Safe)Testing notes:
Please do not install it on PC where AVAST or AVG is already installed.
It's not necessary to create AVG Account.Download links:AVG AntiVirus Free
Offline 32-bit: https://www.avg.com/download-antivirus-free-beta-x86-1799
Offline 64-bit: https://www.avg.com/download-antivirus-free-beta-x64-1797AVG Internet Security
Offline 32-bit: https://www.avg.com/download-internet-security-beta-x86-1789
Offline 64-bit: https://www.avg.com/download-internet-security-beta-x64-1787Known issues:
- main scan doesn't scan system drive yet, for full virus scan please use the Quick Scan
- Software analyzer is disabled on Windows XP and Vista
- Data Safe: it is not possible to resize Data Safe when the Data Safe is opened
- Data Safe: error dialogs/states related to Data Safe resizing, closing etc. are not finished
- Data Safe: crating Data Safe in custom path and with creating new folder does not work (custom path selection for existing path works)
- AVG Antivirus does not detect AVG PC Tuneup as installed
- Firewall dialog about new network might be displayed repeatedly after each computer restart
- Missing texts in File Shredder
- Zen: invitation via invitation code does not work
Enjoy this brand new beta!
We are looking forward to your feedback.
p.s. don't worry the behavior analysis(HIPS) will be added to next AVAST beta as well ;-)