Author Topic: Avast app locking asking for pin every time  (Read 9951 times)

REDACTED

Avast app locking asking for pin every time
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »
It used to be the case that avast app locking asked for my pin just once after the screen was unlocked and then not again until the screen was locked and unlocked.  Now it asks me every single time I open any app.  This is getting to be a real nuisance.  I can't find any setting to change this behaviour.

I'm on Nougat 7.1

Help!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

Re: Avast app locking asking for pin every time
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:52:10 PM »
I may well be the stupid one you refer to, but I found nothing in the FAQ to help with this.  Can you please explain or point to the section that explains how to suppress multiple requests.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »
I think that this change of behaviour happened when the latest update to avast took place, changing the design of the pin entry screen.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
The way app lock works now has changed indeed, but after collecting some feedback we decided to add an option to choose the locking style. We are not able to say when exactly, but I hope that some of the following updates will bring this solution.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »
Thanks for letting me know.  I wondered if I had done something daft to make this happen. 

I look forward to being able to change the behaviour to either depend on screen locking/unlocking, or to a time-basis (eg 5 minutes) or similar.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 11:30:23 AM »
Please try to find a solution for app-lock-style as soon as possible. The way it behaves since the last update left it useless for me. And this feature was one of my motivations to upgrade to premium. Apps with depending/related access rights don't work anymore, since the repeated request for unlocking just breaks the affected app start. I currently have to disable this feature completly, to have access to all of my apps (which i used to have locked).

Another thing: with enabled app-lock, but no app selected, I'am also requested to enter the unlock code when entering the app-lock settings page. This doesn't appear to make sense, since avast itself is not among the locked apps... I somehow feel, the app-lock is broken in general, since its behaviour does not feel userfriendly.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:34:32 AM by martin485 »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 03:24:25 PM »
I downloaded an update yesterday (11th Feb).  I was hoping it might include a change for this behaviour, but sadly not.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 08:46:48 PM »
Hi, it should be added in March.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:51 AM »
This is an obvious attempt for Avast to turn the app into a bigger money-maker. Actually what it's doing is turning many users like myself away from the app because I'm finding it's causing more problems and headaches than it is helping The app lock feature It's great when it's not intrusive But they've obviously made it very annoying on purpose But instead of forcing me into a premium upgrade It's Quickly earning a place in my completely delete bucket! The app has turned into a virus like Product itself because some Of my apps I can't even get to any longer!

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
Hi, there is no intention to make you upgrade. You can always ignore the ads and keep using the free version, as the level of protection in both versions is identical. If you have any problem with getting to your apps, please share some more concrete details, thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »
Hi, there is no intention to make you upgrade. You can always ignore the ads and keep using the free version, as the level of protection in both versions is identical. If you have any problem with getting to your apps, please share some more concrete details, thanks.
Not so.  The free version does not support full App locking. 

Meanwhile, the App locking as currently implemented doesn't quite prevent access to some apps, but one can have to enter the pin several times a minute when going in and out of settings - enough to drive you quite mad.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »
The latest version unlocked all my locked apps and so I had to lock them again. The behaviour seems to have changed a little, having to enter the pin for the same app slightly less often, but not much.  I haven't quite worked out what the pattern is yet, but I seem to have to enter the pin about 95% of the time instead of 100%.  Still a real nuisance.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »
Hi, thanks for letting us know. Could you specify what Avast Mobile Security version you have and if your permanent notification (in Menu--Settings--Notifications) is enabled? That would help us, thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 12:13:25 PM »
I am on Avast Pro 6.1.0-315202-a3695e2 .  Android 7.1.1

The Settings, notifications menu has a load of settings. 
Permanent  - classic design (ie on)
Potential wi-fi - on
Charging booster -off
clipboard cleaner - off
Sensitive app- on
Wi-fi speed - off
Task killing - off
Avast product - off
App shield - on
Alert Spam - on
Scan complete popups - on

OK?