Author Topic: Avast 17.1.2286  (Read 245979 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: NEW: Avast 17.1.2286
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »
Is there somewhere a help page which explain what programs/services to allow outbound for Avast 2017 to work properly?
with so many evagalists around, is this question really that hard to answer?
No, there's no help page. If you want complete Avast functionality, you need to allow it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »
Until like, but something strange with the license. Had to re install and program requests to reacquire the license. This is some strangeness.

Offline Kees1958

« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2017, 10:02:44 PM »
Is there somewhere a help page which explain what programs/services to allow outbound for Avast 2017 to work properly?

The question: what Avast programs do I need to allow in the Windows or third party firewall for Avast 2017 to work properly?

The answer: example

Fileshield needs outbound allow for:
a) %ProgramFiles%\[your Avast installation directory]\setup\instup.exe
b) %ProgramFiles%\[your Avast installation directory]\SetupInf.exe
c) %ProgramFiles%\[your Avast installation directory]\AvastSvc.exe

Thanks to the helpfull members for responding or asking for clarification in stead of ignoring this question

When you also install behavioral blocker also allow outbound for:

d)
e)

When you also install mailshield also allow outbound for:

f) ports 123 and 456

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:05:02 PM by Kees1958 »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »

The question: what Avast programs do I need to allow in the Windows or third party firewall for Avast 2017 to work properly?

Fileshield needs outbound allow for:
c) %ProgramFiles%[your Avast installation directory]\AvastSvc.exe

Thanks to the helpfull members for responding or asking for clarification in stead of ignoring this question

When you also install behavioral blocker also allow outbound for:

d)
e)

When you also install mailshield also allow outbound for:

f) ports 123 and 456
I'm using the Windows Firewall in Windows 10 and never had to allow anything. It simply allows Avast as a trusted program.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline A. User

« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »

Fileshield needs oubound allow for:
c) %ProgramFiles%[your Avast installation directory]\AvastSvc.exe

I guess that the Windows Firewall will not block Avast. For other firewalls excluding the whole directories of Avast should be good. Like
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\*
C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\*

Offline Kees1958

« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »
Okay these answers tell me enough: in default setting Windows Firewall allows outbound, when someone askes what outbound to allow for MS of third party firewall  I assumed you would know I have Windows firewall blocking outbound also by default. Never mind thanks for responding, you obviously have your firewall only filtering inbound traffic.

Offline A. User

« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2017, 10:36:08 PM »
Okay these answers tell me enough: in default setting Windows Firewall allows outbound, when someone askes what outbound to allow for MS of third party firewall  I assumed you would know I have Windows firewall blocking outbound also by default. Never mind thanks for responding
A firewall's first use is to block packets incoming from the outside not requested by your computer (be it a system or 3rd party app). Another thing is that you can open ports from which some traffic will be able to income even without the need for something to have been requested. And third thing is that it can block unknown applications from trying to connect to the outside. In that case, it will raise an alert. Though i am sure the Windows firewall will simply allow Avast. Or maybe Avast adds rules to the firewall when installed to not raise alerts. Dunno.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »
Is there somewhere a help page which explain what programs/services to allow outbound for Avast 2017 to work properly?iWith so many bots and evangelists, I am surprised that this question is to difficult for this forum to answer?What a bummer.....
Code: [Select]
Avast Emergency Update (avemupdate.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\avast\avemupdate.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast SafeZone auto-updater (szbrowser_autoupdate.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\szbrowser\3.55.2393.527\szbrowser_autoupdate.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast SafeZone auto-updater (szbrowser_autoupdate.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\szbrowser\1.51.2220.62\szbrowser_autoupdate.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast SafeZone Browser (szbrowser.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\szbrowser\1.51.2220.62\szbrowser.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast SafeZone Browser (szbrowser.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\szbrowser\1.51.2220.62\szbrowser.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast SafeZone Browser (szbrowser.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\szbrowser\3.55.2393.527\szbrowser.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast SafeZone Installer (safezone_windows-7-release-i386.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\szbrowser\setup\safezone_windows-7-release-i386.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast Settings Backup (backup.exe)   C:\program files\common files\av\avast! antivirus\backup.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
avast! Antivirus (avastui.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\avast\avastui.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
Avast! Antivirus Bug Report (avbugreport.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\avast\avbugreport.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
avast! Antivirus Installer (instup.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\avast\setup\instup.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
avast! Identity Protection Service (aswidsagenta.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\avast\x64\aswidsagenta.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
avast! Service (avastsvc.exe)   C:\program files\avast software\avast\avastsvc.exe   All   Yes   Allow   Out            Any   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:48:39 AM by Criostoir »

REDACTED

« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2017, 02:46:48 AM »
The new Avast 17.1.2286 is not compatible with MacType. If loaded via the registry or as a service then none of your programs will run and Avast will never finish starting. This was not true in the previous version of Avast. I'm running Windows 10. I had to use Safe Mode to uninstall Avast or MacType.
for mactype:
http://www.intowindows.com/mactype-for-windows-10-make-windows-10-fonts-look-like-mac-os/
https://github.com/snowie2000/mactype/releases

Offline EmoHobo

« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2017, 04:10:50 AM »
Not sure if this entirely related to Avast, but it's the only thing that has changed on my system in since it started, but randomly in my %temp% folder I'm finding a bunch of "empty" temp files being created that seem to contain no information and are just empty files.  I tend to have about two a day.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2017, 05:44:45 AM »
The new Avast 17.1.2286 is not compatible with MacType. If loaded via the registry or as a service then none of your programs will run and Avast will never finish starting. This was not true in the previous version of Avast. I'm running Windows 10. I had to use Safe Mode to uninstall Avast or MacType.
for mactype:
http://www.intowindows.com/mactype-for-windows-10-make-windows-10-fonts-look-like-mac-os/
https://github.com/snowie2000/mactype/releases
Reported below, now waiting devs to confirm

after update,avast's function conflict with mactype,it makes most exe can't RUN
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=196671.0
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2017, 05:53:29 AM »
are also NOT willing to disable the HIPS part of the Comodo Firewall.
I've tried that, also by disabling the whole Comodo Firewall. Still no change...
And as much as I want Avast, because I'm a long time user, I don't want to uninstall the firewall because it's good.
What OS are you using?
According to the reports, Windows 10 seems to be affected much, while Windows 7 not.

I uses latest Avast with CIS (see my sig) and no problems so far.

BTW this issue is discussed below, here is not suitable place imo.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=196471.0
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline Rashid3

• Russian
  • Russian
    • RashID
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2017, 07:40:28 AM »
Hello! Today I updated the favorite antivirus software on a notebook and a PC version of the Russian, but in some places letters not shown as a whole, and on a notebook and a PC. It certainly does not matter, just for your reference)

Goodluck.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:12:53 AM by Rashid3 »
06.03.2020: Windows 10 (64bit) / Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.3GHz / GeForce GT630 / 6GB RAM / Internet → 3,0 mb/s ← 0.8 mb/s
Antivirus: Avast 20.1.2397 (с 2013 идеально защищает)
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes 4.1.0.56
Optimization: Auslogics BoostSpeed 11.4.0.2 + CCleaner
Driver Update Utility: Snappy Driver 1.20.0

REDACTED

« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »
You also broke the JWPlayer on your Avast SafeZone Browser on this release. With Ad blocker OFF for the site, try this:
https://www.knowledge.ca/program/vera
note that, when you select a video and play it, the intro plays, but the program has audio with the screen black. 
This worked prior to your 'update'.
How do I back out this disastrous update?  Better yet, how do I go about getting notified, say, 6 months after you have released your updates so that I can review the forum and find out if you have fixed all the garbage? 
I am REALLY disappointed to discover that the problem I had with VirtualBox was brought to your attention on a prior release.  Fortunately the guy had a kludge: disable hardware assisted virtualization.  That fixed my problem, at least for now, but according to your own feedback on the GUI this leaves me more vulnerable.  I hope for a real fix sometime before the next renewal of my license fees for your product.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »
Not sure if this entirely related to Avast, but it's the only thing that has changed on my system in since it started, but randomly in my %temp% folder I'm finding a bunch of "empty" temp files being created that seem to contain no information and are just empty files.  I tend to have about two a day.

I'm not sure it is either, avast normally uses the C:\Windows\Temp\_Avast_ sub-folder of Temp to unpack/send files to be scanned and If I remember correctly they have a .unp file type. It may also have C:\Windows\Temp\avast_ash2 sub-folder.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security