Author Topic: No Sound when sig Updates?  (Read 6044 times)

kanga2cool

No Sound when sig Updates?
« on: March 30, 2003, 04:31:20 AM »
 :D Hi have the lastest avast 4 now when I receive my updates the voice dont work that said Your virus data dase has been updates all else works fine sound is not ticked I checked any ideas please.
Thank you for your time and help.

Amerk_5

Re:No Sound when sig Updates?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 05:24:00 AM »
Simple questions, are your speakers on & do other sounds work?

Try going into Settings--Control Panel--Sounds and down to avast! antivirus & playing the sounds from there to see if they work.

kanga2cool

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2003, 07:21:10 AM »
 ??? hi yes sound is no, yes other sound work, when to setting-control panel-sounds- than down to avast antivirus but under each program event there was no sound file so can any one help with this problem please.

Amerk_5

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 07:45:24 AM »
The sounds are located within the subfolders of the avast installation directory. Do a search for vpsupd.wav on your computer. All the avast sound files are located within the same folder.

From Settings-Contol Panel-Sounds browse to that folder & setup the sounds for each event.

jurppis

Re: No Sound when sig Updates?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »
My nice avast sound is lost, and i,m not found where is gone. Only play one sound, but evey another sounds working normally. So tell me please how i get back my avast sounds?

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 05:12:56 PM »
Tell you the truth i have no idea how you get those original sounds back(other than reinstalling avast!) but i found this thread where SZC posted a direct download link to his "alternative" avast sounds. Here's the link http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=18227.msg155151#msg155151

jurppis

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 10:53:15 PM »
Thanks very much, i download that diffrend sounds it,s very nice sound, so no need to uninstall and install again. I think CCleaner delete that orginal files because i try search but not found, so cannot trust any cleaner program or be allways carefully to use it. ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 05:17:07 AM »
My nice avast sound is lost, and i,m not found where is gone. Only play one sound, but evey another sounds working normally. So tell me please how i get back my avast sounds?
Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair). You must be connected to the internet while repairing.

If this does not help, well, the best will be uninstall / boot / install / boot again...
The best things in life are free.