Author Topic: Avast 17.3.2290 - Auto Update and Free License  (Read 8026 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast 17.3.2290 - Auto Update and Free License
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 06:27:38 PM »
I have Avast set to "Ask when a update is available" and also have a password protecting the settings.  When there is a update available, there is an exclamation point on the Avast Icon in the system tray.  When I chose to update the program via the AvastUI, I must enter the password for things to continue.  It seems logical that selecting automatic update would not negate the need to enter the password.

Yes but seems there is a bug. Avast are able to feel there are a new version also if I never enter the password because is happen that in those days I have casually opened Avast and under the statues I read need to be updated so started to have the doubt of issue. My PC is always on and Internet connected for all the day. In three days no update. At the final I have done manually or when I put password for enter in the settings and edited something Avast was able to update but... think something have issue.

Avast will investigate this :) I hope.

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2017, 06:41:12 PM »
OK  :)
I have waited 3 days on two different PC no update has been made...
It seems to you something related to password protect (just for this kind of users)
As far as I can see no one was able to confirm that the update of 2290 to 2291 (only this one) was automatically installed for those who have their parameters in automatic.
Let it be confirmed by at least one member ?
It seems to me that there are only forced updates in manual ...?
Fix in 2291 was only (atypical) for crash installer , so for those who didn't have issue instaling 2290 , It may not have been a necessity to update.
Maybe a bug for every body or no bugs at all  ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:50:17 PM by chris05 »

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »
 :D ;D