Author Topic: keep taking my firefox pinned tabs away  (Read 1212 times)

REDACTED

keep taking my firefox pinned tabs away
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:54:55 PM »
I dont know if its firefox or avast and I dont care.  Whenever an avast update screen comes up wanting me to use Google chrome theres no x out of it. Put an x or other way to get out of it. I dont need or want google chrome. Ive had enough headaches from the 2 clowns who started google with a chrome book. Useless help! At least google search is better than yahoo. Firefox pushes yahoo and yahoo is the undisputed king of spam. Ive been on the net since the 80"s and they are the worst invasive corporation Ive ever seen!  >:(
Stop taking my pinned tabs!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: keep taking my firefox pinned tabs away
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »
I have no idea what is taking your pinned tabs on my other system XP Pro SP3, Avast free 17.3.2291 and firefox 52.0.2-esr and my pinned tabs are all present and correct.

I actually prefer Yahoo.co.uk for my search function - I'm unaware of the spam that you talk of - I use CookieMonster, uOrigin and RequestPolicy add-ons

I used to always use google, but they to are data gatherers also - they also started messing with my search settings so I abandoned google search.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security