Author Topic: ON - Access Protection  (Read 32718 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: ON - Access Protection
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 04:31:13 PM »
Actually, no (though I'm sure it would have been a matter of minutes for you ;)).
I was told that the help files translation was sent to Dublin by somebody else. They are not in HTML yet, but when they are, I'll send them to you - so that you can check/correct.
Igor, in other post I've asked you the Passolo file...
Maybe the better for homogeneity will be receiving both, the Passolo and the HTML files  8)
The best things in life are free.

bamend

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 11:24:14 AM »
This is my first day running Ubuntu.  Very confusing.  I just loaded Avast.  Will it run everytime I start up?  how do I know it's running?

gamolar

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 02:18:19 AM »
In Linux there is no resident protection, it active when you have suspicions of something.

With Avast I give Guarantee that the information and post office that shipment to my clients go free of virus

:P   8)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Dublin

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 10:50:54 AM »

Dark_Knight

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »
look here for active ones  ;)

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-for-linux-edition.html

Does the latest Avast for Linux Workstation provide on-access (real-time) scanning found in similar products such as ClamAV? Does it integrate with email software such as Evolution? Also does it scan for rootkits or is it just capable of scanning for viruses, trojans and worms?

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkits

Culpeper

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 07:17:10 PM »
Not at this time.  Just on demand scanning.  Don't know about rootkits.  Avast for Linux uses the same definition files as the Windows version.