Author Topic: Signature Issue  (Read 12378 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Signature Issue
« on: December 22, 2003, 07:27:36 PM »
Is it possible somehow to force Avast! Home Edition to sign every single one e-mail with Avast! virus-check-status signature ? I mean, I can see each time I send e-mail to someone, that my message is checked and signed, but my contacts who get my e-mails, just receive e-mails without that signature at the end of the message...

I like when someone else is able to see that my message passed Virus check and it passed with Avast!

Both, Inbound and Outbound (Incoming and outgoing) mail is scanned and option "INSERT NOTE INTO CLEAN MESSAGE" is set to ON...

I don't take NO as an answer... there must be a way to do that. I liked that option very much, when I used AVG Antivirus.

Regards !
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 07:32:37 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Signature Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 07:32:35 PM »
Sure, check the settings of the corresponding resident protection provider (i.e. either Oulook/Exchange or Internet Mail). There are options to insert notes into infected/clean messages, both for incoming and outgoing e-mail.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 07:34:29 PM »
Thanks Igor for fast respond, but I wrote up there in my last post... I already checked those options (all of them) and when someone receive my e-mail, there is no signature at the end of message...

Both, Inbound and Outbound (Incoming and outgoing) mail is scanned and option "INSERT NOTE INTO CLEAN MESSAGE" is set to ON...

Regards !
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 07:40:51 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Walker

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 07:37:26 PM »
Hi Sasha,

But as Igor say's... have you checked the 'correct' provider?

W.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 07:40:34 PM »
Do I need to Start Outlook/Exchange resident provider if I use Outlook Express only ? I don't use Microsoft Outlook...

Can someone give me an advice which providers should I keep active ? I don't use any P2P software, so that one I already switched off... same story with Instant Messaging...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 07:42:49 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Walker

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 07:46:48 PM »
I defer back to Igor, I don't use Outlook or OE  8)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 08:25:13 PM »
No, Outlook plugin is not needed - Outlook Express is protected by the Internet Mail plugin.

Hmm, why doesn't avast! insert the notes... ???
Did you check your configuration? I mean - are you sure that avast! is scanning your e-mails in fact? Does the blue icon rotates when you send/receive your e-mail, does the "Last checked" item in the resident protection window show the checked e-mail for Internet Mail provider... does avast! gives a warning when you try to send/receive Eicar test file?

What "type" of messages is your Outlook configured to send - TXT or HTML?

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 09:30:22 PM »
Hi igor,

Actually I'm in the same boat as Craftec -- I've got "add note" ticked for both incoming and outgoing, but nothing shows up except in the header.

We had a related thread going here somewhere, where I'd wondered "aloud" if maybe the added header lines were all that was meant by a note.

Best,
Mike

As a P.S., since you (or someone) will probably ask -- I'm using Home(319), and my mailer is Eudora 6 off my ISP's local server.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 09:33:24 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Walker

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 10:59:15 PM »
Urmm.. what version you using Mike  ;D

Ooops sorry  8)

I don't know about those outlook OE settings, but with Pegasus (I guess the same settings as Eudora). The 'insert clen note' works for me.

All I've done is to check the boxes in the 'pop and smtp' tabs in the 'customise' settings of the 'internet mail' provider.

W.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 11:24:56 PM »
Reply to Igor:

Did you check your configuration? I mean - are you sure that avast! is scanning your e-mails in fact? Does the blue icon rotates when you send/receive your e-mail, does the "Last checked" item in the resident protection window show the checked e-mail for Internet Mail provider... does avast! gives a warning when you try to send/receive Eicar test file?

Yes, yes... Avast! works just fine, blue icon rotates each time I send or receive e-mail... "Last Checked" windows shows last checked e-mail, as it should be...

I always send e-mail as HTML and when I post something in newsgroups, I always use TXT...

I'll say again... I am able to see my Inbound and outbound virus check signature, but people who receive e-mail from me, just get my e-mail without that signature.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2003, 12:10:18 AM »
Are you saying that when you send a message to yourself, you'll see two inserted notes at the bottom (one for outgoing, one for incoming) - but if you send it to anybody else, they won't see any (i.e. the outgoing one)?

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2003, 01:13:23 AM »

Actually I'm in the same boat as Craftec -- I've got "add note" ticked for both incoming and outgoing, but nothing shows up except in the header.

Oops, and apologies -- I just disovered my "add note" choices had somewhere along the line gotten un-ticked.  I'm now getting the "signature" note just fine in addition to the header notations.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2003, 01:24:24 AM »
Message for Igor:

Igor wrote:

Are you saying that when you send a message to yourself, you'll see two inserted notes at the bottom (one for outgoing, one for incoming) - but if you send it to anybody else, they won't see any (i.e. the outgoing one)?

Yes Igor. Just as you described...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 01:55:09 AM »
Message for Igor:

Igor wrote:

Yes Igor. Just as you described...

Could you send me an email in order to test your signature?
Do you have the files Aswclntg and Aswinftg (both .html and .txt) into your language folder of avast? Did you edit these files?  ;)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 02:31:53 AM »
OK, Technical... I just sent you e-mail with those files in attachment. Those files are just fine and they are in original state... I didn't change anything inside those files, 'cause I think that original signature is quite understandable and it looks good enough... there is no need to change anything...  8)

Regards !