Author Topic: wi-fi inspector  (Read 2100 times)

REDACTED

wi-fi inspector
« on: November 11, 2017, 02:40:54 AM »
I have been using the same mobile broadband dongle for some time now and when i inserted it into my laptop the other day avast said it detected a new network, which i thought was odd. After following the instructions and scanning the network with wi-fi inspector as instructed there were 2 problems identified:

First under the heading of "Your Devices" and second under the heading of "Router".

Both said , "Your device is not configured correctly" and "Device is accessible from the internet"

Description
This device has open port(s) facing the internet.

Risks
Your device currently has a needlessly large attack surface, which makes it easier for potential hackers to reach your data.

Solutions
Close the open port in this device's settings.

It has never given me these warnings before.  I dont use a wireless router though, its a a mobile broadband dongle that i plug into the laptop. How can I fix this?

I cant even complete the first step:

From the Wi-Fi Inspector results screen, select Go to your router settings to open the administration page of your Huawei router.

there is no Go to your router settings in the Wi-Fi Inspector results screen.

after this network issue arose and i couldnt rectify it I got this anti virus warning a couple hours later:

weve safely aborted connection on because it was infected with SMB:CVE-2017-0144[Expl].

What the hell is going on? I need some help fixing this.

REDACTED

Re: wi-fi inspector
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:16:09 AM »
ive managed to get "Your Devices" to read: "The device is problem free. Excellent!"

But the "Router" still says:

Description

This device has open port(s) facing the internet.
Catalogue ID HNS-WAN-ACCESS-IPV6
Open ports reachable over IPv6 include: 445

Risks
Your device currently has a needlessly large attack surface, which makes it easier for potential hackers to reach your data.

Solutions

Can someone please help me rectify this?

Is this the right forum to ask this question?

thank you
Close the open port in this device's settings