Author Topic: Avast Passwords Script Extension issues  (Read 295 times)

Offline Piers4

Avast Passwords Script Extension issues
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:11:57 AM »
Just installed Avast Passwords Avast Pro Antivirus.
I use Firefox and is all good except for now when using my primary online bookkeeping software it will hang for a 10-15 seconds a couple of times a minute and display a error message across the top of the browser window saying "A Script in the extension "Avast Passwords" is causing Firefox to slow down." and displays 3 button options: "Temporarily disable extension on page", "Stop it" & "Wait"  -  I've tried all three of these options at various times but they are all temporary fixes i.e. the page unfreezes for a few seconds and then the error returns. Help?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Avast Passwords Script Extension issues
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »
We are aware of this issue and we are trying to fix it.
Could you please post pages this happens on. We know a few facebook included but bigger sample could help us find out optimal solution for all cases.

Offline Evil Overlord

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:47:11 PM »
It's happened for me on a wide variety of pages.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »
We are aware of this issue and we are trying to fix it.
Could you please post pages this happens on. We know a few facebook included but bigger sample could help us find out optimal solution for all cases.
Hi Martin, here's an example from the German section.
http://bulksell.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&&DraftURL=http://my.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&currentpage=MyeBayNextSavedDrafts
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 17.9.2320.Beta#2 - CC 5.37 [OD] - MCS [OD] - EEK [OD] - FF ESR 52.5.2 [NS5/uBO] - Thunderbird 52.5 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline kjeskaer14

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »
Hi  I have the same issue, and it is on almost all homepages, only a few show message about script, pc is slowed down to almost a crawl.
I have opened several support requests, one with picture of script error on honepage, but Avast does not answer any of them, very frustrating.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »
That is odd that you haven't got any reply from support. I will ask our support why they are not forwarding such complaints to us. Anyway we are aware of this and we are working hard to fix it. It is fair to note that it is bit late as before Firefox started blaming us we knew the problem is there, but we were not able measure how big the impact is. Now we know the impact is big so it now has got focus it deserves. I hope that we will fix it very soon, but yet we are still analysing root cause.

Offline kjeskaer14

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 03:43:36 PM »
Hi It is extremely fustrating, I can only contact support via homepage you know Support request, I cant find any email adress to them and I cant see in my profile that they have recieved any support requests, I seem to recall that it was possible to write to them directly in the old days and see in my profile that I had a support request waiting.
Only in one instance I got a number that they had allocated to my question and that was 05698090