Author Topic: How can I stop ALL purchase nags from avast premier? - Resolved  (Read 1286 times)

Offline csc2ya

As the title says...I want a way to stop ANY and ALL purchase nags from Avast. I already paid for several years of premier (valid until february next year).

The nags I am getting are relating to secureline vpn. The message I am getting every so often says that i'm not as secure as I think I am...except I know i'm not as secure as I could be unless I paid even more to use the vpn service.

If I wanted to use a vpn, I have my own server that I could set one up on.

I expect nags from free software...I do not expect them from software that I am paying for.

I like Avast...what I do not like is extortion attempts from it when I already pay for it.

Please give me a way to stop it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:57:56 AM by csc2ya »

Offline csc2ya

Re: How can I stop ALL purchase nags from avast premier?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 12:57:06 AM »
After reading other pages in this section, I have found how to disable the nags (settings - privacy -  untick 'show popup offers for other avast products/show offers for third party products)

Issue resolved

REDACTED

Re: How can I stop ALL purchase nags from avast premier? - Resolved
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »
Problem: The boxes to untick are grayed out in the Mac version 13.8 of Avast (Prefs/Miscellaneous), so you cannot untick them.

See screenshot here <https://monosnap.com/direct/6WxYQHT2sxMkv0nBKXAIVFLdmbkiUG>.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »
The prior message refers to the FREE version.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 10:00:21 PM »
The prior message refers to the FREE version.

That unfortunately is the cost of free, the ads, promotions for other avast products can only be disabled in the paid versions of avast. 

Personally I believe the paid versions should have this option disabled to start with.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security