Author Topic: Avast and Gallery consuming battery  (Read 1835 times)

Offline stan.sharpe

Avast and Gallery consuming battery
« on: March 03, 2019, 01:10:49 AM »
We have a Moto G6 running Android. Recently the battery consumption has gone way up. It used to use 30% power all day, now it runs low in about 5 hours. We have re-booted the phone but the power usage is still high. The top battery users ( by a great amount ) are tied, Avast and Gallery. I assume there is some sort of conflict but cannot determine how to find the conflict. Any suggestions ?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast and Gallery consuming battery
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »
Hi stan, it seems there is some conflicting app. Do you use any cleaner or app killing feature? If anything kills the Avast app, it restarts, and is killed and restarts over and over again, then it might consume more battery. Solution is to whitelist Avast from such cleaner.
I can recommend www.dontkillmyapp.com which is a nice summary of how various manufacturers use optimizing features.

Offline stan.sharpe

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 01:51:59 AM »
No we don't use any cleaners or app killers. Is there a way to find out what files Avast has verified ? I think that Gallery is updating a file and Avast is verifying it and maybe quarentining it then Gallery reloads it.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
Actually sounds strange; can you please update your Avast app to the 6.17.2 version (release completed yesterday) and let me know, if the issue persists?