Author Topic: Can' t connect to my.avast.com accountI  (Read 6459 times)

Offline OraiosMproumel

Can' t connect to my.avast.com accountI
« on: May 14, 2019, 05:33:59 PM »
I am trying to get connected into my.avast.com ,after I put my email and pass it starts loading my.avast.com page and kicks me out to the login page.
I am an owner of avast premier for my pc and avast security pro for my android mobile , avast passwords amd cleanup app

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Can' t connect to my.avast.com accountI
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »
Hi OraiosMproumel,

I'm afraid that your Avast account has become corrupted, and it cannot now be accessed through the my.avast.com page. The only way to resolve this is for the account to be deleted, and then you can recreate it under the same email address. However, I'm afraid that this will cause the following issues:
  • If you currently have it active, the Anti-theft module in Avast Mobile Security Pro on your Android mobile will be deactivated
  • The back-up and synchronization group for your Avast Password logins will be deleted
If you would like me to go ahead with the deletion of the Avast account, please let me know.

If this is the case, I would advise you to first create a temporary backup of your Avast Passwords data, and then to remove your devices from the synchronization group. This in order to be certain that you do not lose any logins, or have any issues re-synchronizing your devices. Please see below for instructions on how to do this from Avast Passwords on your PC. Please make sure to follow the order below:
  • Create temporary backup - click the "Settings" link at the top right of the Passwords page > click "Import / export data" on the left hand side > click the "Export to file" button at the bottom > save the .json somewhere memorable on your PC.
  • De-synchronize - from the same settings menu, please click "Sync & backup" on the left hand side > click "Remove" next to your Android > click "Remove and delete data" > after the Android is removed, click "Turn off on this device" to de-synchronize your PC as well
  • Use temporary backup - if your logins were removed from the PC when you turned off synchronization, please use the .json file to restore them by opening the "Import / export data" screen again > click the "Import from file" button at the bottom > select and open the .json file.
  • Delete backup - If your logins were not removed, or once you have imported them again, please delete the .json file (as the logins stored here are in plain text and are not secure)

Offline Darkayne

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 01:53:27 AM »
I'm having the same exact issue with my account as well and was not able to access the account in order to stop a renewal. This made my dog Dook very sad as he did not have bacon money left. So, this means that anyone with this issue has 'corrupt' accounts that have to be deleted? Also, how do I link my already purchased Avast software after a new account is created?

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 04:33:48 PM »
Hi Darkayne,

I'm sorry that you were not able to access the account. We have resolved the issue for you now, and you should be able to login correctly.

That said, I cannot locate any subscription registered to your email address that was due to renew around this time - if you have have been charged for a renewal that you were trying to cancel ahead of time, please either send me a PM with the order details or complete a refund request form, and we will be happy to refund the payment for you.

Offline OraiosMproumel

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 07:57:15 PM »
Unfortunately nothing has been solved. I am not able to get connected either through pc neither my android phone
 :(

Online prokopes_

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 03:09:12 PM »
Hi OraiosMproumel,

We have now manually fixed your account as well, you should be able to login again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Darkayne

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 03:50:52 AM »
Thank you, BWhit. The issue was resolved when I successfully logged in.

Offline pdg17

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »
Same here, it says i have no subscriptions yet I have Avast Premier and cleanup? Also I cannot manage the account online to manage these.
Regards

Paul

Offline benyyy

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 04:25:24 AM »
Hi same for me :(
Please could you fix it ?

Thx

Offline dazedandawake

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 06:07:56 AM »
I am also unable to access the my.avast.com page, it shows the loading bar and then the connection times out. Putting in my renewed license file in the application also tells me that something went wrong.

Offline Nicholas130

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »
same problems here.

p.s the text verification for posting on this forum is ridiculously hard to read

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 10:59:24 AM »
p.s the text verification for posting on this forum is ridiculously hard to read
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 03:10:32 PM »
I am also unable to access the my.avast.com page, it shows the loading bar and then the connection times out. Putting in my renewed license file in the application also tells me that something went wrong.
in the past, I had more or less an identical problem, it was the windows clock that was ahead and my.avast certificate expired in the time
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=204588.msg1403922#msg1403922

having seen quite a number of similar issues in recent days, i do not think it's the same problem, but it's worth checking the windows clock (try 1 hour late)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:23:45 PM by chris.. »

Offline Simon340

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 01:24:19 AM »
I have an Avast multi device subscription and have realised that since my renewal last year, it has not been activated on my device.
I've downloaded the app but it still doesn't appear to recognise my account. As such I am unable to access the web chat service to resolve the problem.
Auto-renewal comes out around November/December and I changed my mobile in November, but kept the same number. Can anyone offer any advice on how to resync my account/device?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:27:21 AM by Simon340 »

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 05:17:06 PM »
Hi Simon340,

The instruction for how to activate the license on the new device depend on how the license was purchased. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that I cannot locate any license/subscription against your email address that you are registered on the forum with, so it is not possible for me to advise you how to activate the license.

I would advise you to contact our support directly at https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/ as we will need to ask you for personal details in order to locate your license.