Author Topic: [new skin] avast! Vista GUI (aVist) completed...  (Read 40928 times)

SNOWHITE

Re: [new skin] avast! Vista GUI (aVist) completed...
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 09:30:22 PM »
ha ha  :D I am so happy !!! I have just downloaded the aVist skin, it looks fantastic. Thank you guys  ;D

Edit: Thank you Sasha!!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:32:00 PM by SNOWHITE »

TazUk

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 10:52:07 PM »
Also, it would be better if new skins are placed on the top of the page and not at the bottom.

Yep I agree, newest at the top would make more sense :)

Any chance of making it the default Avast skin too 8)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2006, 12:02:13 AM »
Thanks people for all those comments, I appreciate it ! ;)

I was always against the idea that some other skin could be default avast! skin, just because I thought that deafult avast! skin should be one that's been made by Alwil's official graphic designer. But when I look at this skin, I'm really starting to think that after all Alwil needs to change something in the near future. I've read a lot of avast! reviews all over the net, and it is really incredible how many people think that current avast default skin looks too media-player looking. Computer security application like avast! is should really look more professional, and the first impression is really important... default skin in this case is true first impression.

I am sure this skin looks nice, great, beautiful to some people, but also it looks ugly and too colorful to some others, but for sure it's not full of bells and whistles, it just contains some of those Vista OS effects. Besides, it looks just like any other normal window in Vista, no extra images, nothing... They say: "...keep it simple and it will look beautiful..." In many cases that's true. But, in the same time it doesn't mean, we shouldn't follow these trends in graphic design of new and modern OSes. I believe I gave it a modern Vista OS look, and in the same time I kept simplicity of one ordinary OS window.

IMHO, that's how avast! default skin should look like, not because I created it, but because of all those people that were asking for something like this. I was reading and listening all those comments, and at least I tried to make it come true. I know I gave my best... results ? I don't know... you people are here to decide. ;)

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 12:24:48 AM »
I like the graphics of the latest Skin, but I have to say I also like the silhouette_4in1 skin, especially the size, not too small as to be difficult to interpret and not too large to take up valuable screen real estate.

The G5 skin although relatively small is easy to find your way around, but the default silver panel is as many mention too much like an audio player and dificult to figure out what to do
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 08:42:21 PM »
Also, it would be better if new skins are placed on the top of the page and not at the bottom.

Really... is there any chance we can see this new skin at the top of the skins download section ? There is no logic in having it at the bottom of the page along with all those old (obsolete I have to say) skins like Red Circle, Wide Screen, Atomic Arch etc.

IMHO, avast! users should be better informed if there is something new, some update etc. In this case, there is something new... brand new skin.

Thanks in advance !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2006, 10:33:20 PM »
Cheers Sasha looks really nice.    ;D ;D

tls

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 10:39:41 PM »
Beautiful new skin!  More artwork for my computer!  :)

Thank you!
(and Congratulations!)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 10:42:46 PM »
Oh, just remembered. Have you implimented transparency too? Vista is all transparent in all directions and since avast! skins support this it could be nice. Unless you already implimented it ;)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 11:16:24 PM »
No transparency and that was intentionally. First thing... translucency feature enabled in avast! just gives some problems, nothing else. Take a look at screenshots I attached:

Second thing that was one of the reasons I didn't want to go into transparency feature at all, was that I would have to use TGAs with transparent alpha channel. It's been reported that skins with TGAs used inside of them, just gave some problems to users using some specific video cards. That's why I completely threw out the idea of having transparent features inside my skins.

Also, biggest problem of all... size of the skin would drastically change (increase) and I am sure no one wants that.

Regarding the problem with avast! settings when translucency is enabled, I remember Vlk and Igor mentioned something in the past that they know about it but they don't know how to solve that problem. IMHO, translucency ON/OFF option should be completely left out from avast! settings. Totally useless feature that just gives some problems to some computer configurations.

Cheers !

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 11:34:38 PM »
Thanks for the explanation (with pictures) Sasha.
I've just changed my settings.

I see your Latest and Greates aVist skin is still sitting at the bottom of the heap.... :'( :'(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2006, 04:50:20 AM »
I see your Latest and Greates aVist skin is still sitting at the bottom of the heap.... :'( :'(

Really... is there any chance we can see this new skin at the top of the skins download section ? There is no logic in having it at the bottom of the page along with all those old (obsolete I have to say) skins like Red Circle, Wide Screen, Atomic Arch etc.

IMHO, avast! users should be better informed if there is something new, some update etc. In this case, there is something new... brand new skin.

Thanks in advance !
Check out skins section after next VPS update.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2006, 04:58:26 AM »
Gr8 !!! Thanks Chocholo !

This is WNDRFL !!!

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2006, 02:40:52 PM »
VPS update released.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2006, 03:08:13 PM »
It looks much better now ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2006, 10:54:33 AM »
Greast skin Sasha, Thanks

Congrats on the baby!!
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!