Author Topic: Outlook addy book and autocomplete GONE  (Read 2202 times)

Offline admin209

Outlook addy book and autocomplete GONE
« on: August 28, 2020, 08:46:10 PM »
This is only the 2nd time I used Avast Cleanup and the 2nd time both my address book disappeared and my autocomplete stopped working.

I need my information back, please.  IF not, I will have to cancel this service.  I have a ton of addresses missing and it took me a day and a half to MANUALLY remake my address book last time.  Very upset.  I called Avast the last time it happened and was told that Avast Cleanup doesn't interfere or even touch Outlook files.  Well, obviously that is not the case.  My employers disappeared also. We paid someone $187 to fix his.

I use a Lenovo ThinkCentre , Windows 10 and we have a subscription with Office 365. (sorry I keep editing this, I'm trying to give as much information as I can think of)

Vicki
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 09:38:33 PM by admin209 »

Offline admin209

Re: Outlook addy book and autocomplete GONE
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 03:52:43 PM »
Still in need and waiting on a reply, please.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Outlook addy book and autocomplete GONE
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 05:00:54 PM »
This is only the 2nd time I used Avast Cleanup and the 2nd time both my address book disappeared and my autocomplete stopped working.

I need my information back, please.  IF not, I will have to cancel this service.  I have a ton of addresses missing and it took me a day and a half to MANUALLY remake my address book last time.  Very upset.  I called Avast the last time it happened and was told that Avast Cleanup doesn't interfere or even touch Outlook files.  Well, obviously that is not the case.  My employers disappeared also. We paid someone $187 to fix his.

I use a Lenovo ThinkCentre , Windows 10 and we have a subscription with Office 365. (sorry I keep editing this, I'm trying to give as much information as I can think of)

Vicki

Hello,

I really apologize for your troubles and getting to this topic a bit late.

Anyway since these are the areas which are not typically touched by our product we would really need the logs from your PC in order to analyze what happened there.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically send to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.