Author Topic: Can I deny Avast showing me these bothering "Upgrade to premium" things?  (Read 607 times)

Offline 1matou2

Hello guyz,

I would just like to know if anything like that is possible? I am getting really pissed off by Avast showing me every day that I have 40gb of system junk, totally broken registry and I don't know what else just to make me buy premium. I really like how the free antivirus works, but I will switch back to avira if this is not possible. Thank you very much for your help!

Take care :-)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster

Offline 1matou2

Re: Can I deny Avast showing me these bothering "Upgrade to premium" things?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:10 AM »
thx  :D

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 03:45:53 AM »
Maybe with a firewall rule ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Cybersec

Offline Be Free!

• Unprofessional
  • Be free!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 06:30:38 PM »
No, and I agree it’s annoying and ridiculous.

Both of Avasts major free competitors, don’t show you ads, or at least allow you to disable ads.

I’ve been using Avast for years, but I actually took a 2 year break because Avast kept showing annoying ads. I really wish they would allow you to disable it, it doesn’t encourage people to buy your product, it encourages them to switch vendors.  :-\
Avast!:
"Avast SafeZone has been added to the list of games"

Ummm...
Okay then.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 07:43:23 PM »
thx  :D

Where are you seeing this/these notification/s ?

I rarely see anything like this and I use Avast Free, I have a custom installation with the basic Shield components.  Plus the WiFi Inspector, Software Updater and Do Not Disturb Mode.

Outside of the forums (ref questions) I don't run the Smart Scan where much of this comes from trying to push other Avast paid products.  In fact I rarely if ever run on-demand scans of any kind, greatly depreciated in a resident on-access antivirus.

Spend a little time setting up avast and remove components you don't need or want and it will cut down some of the noise and make it lighter.
Windows 10 Home 2004 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 21.1.2449 (build 21.1.5968.561) UI-1.0.597/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security