Author Topic: Japanese version of the forum  (Read 10230 times)

bob_ishida

Japanese version of the forum
« on: November 10, 2006, 08:04:58 AM »
I love to have a Japanese version of Avast forum.  I guess many Japanese customers love too. Any plans?

I'd love to be one of the moderators. Thanks!

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: Japanese version of the forum
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 11:27:10 AM »
I love to have a Japanese version of Avast forum.  I guess many Japanese customers love too. Any plans?
I'd love to be one of the moderators. Thanks!
Hello :)

Maybe you will want to visit Iso-G's web site, where you will find and a forum about avast! ;)

As about a Japanese version of this forum, maybe someone from Alwil will say something ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »
Hi bob_ishida,

Try the force of this translator:
looong link
Pass your browser over the words and it is translated from Nihon to English on the fly, impressing.

polonus

avast 個人使用に限りフリー
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 09:34:49 AM by kubecj »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

bob_ishida

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:08:38 PM »
Thanks two of you! ;D

What I love is interactions such like this. So translation is not enough. ISO-G's site is good but it's not official.

Maybe I need to wait a message from someone of ALWIL.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »
ISO-G's site may not be official, but he is a long standing avast user trying to help other avast users, who even with Translation services wouldn't be able to participate in these forums.

This is The only official avast support forum and unfortunately the language is English. I think that the only reason for this is most of the people that help here are avast users that either speak English as a first language or have a good understanding of English (that is true of the Alwil team), that allows us, those that can't speak another Language  :-[ are able to help others.

If there were more languages supported on the forums it would be good, but unfortunately the people who help now many of them wouldn't be able to give support in another language. I think that this would lead to less support s there would be less volunteers to help.

So we are in a bit of a catch 22 situation open forums to support more languages, but without help that support may not be as quick.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bob_ishida

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 02:51:32 AM »
If there were more languages supported on the forums it would be good, but unfortunately the people who help now many of them wouldn't be able to give support in another language.

Yes. That's the point. But I think the people who help now in English don't need to give support in another language. They don't have to care about other languages. And someone surely show up who care about both English and Japanese like me.

I'm a newbie of Avast and you have lots of knowledge here in English. So I can learn while supporting Japanese customers if there is another forum for Japanese.  The most important thing is that there is a forum where Japanese users come without hesitation.

I don't see any harm by building Japanese version except HDD space on the server.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »
But I think the people who help now in English don't need to give support in another language. They don't have to care about other languages. And someone surely show up who care about both English and Japanese like me.
It is not a case of they don't care, it is a case of they can't. As you already mentioned on-line translation services can only do so much.

And there is such a person in iso-g who has gone to the trouble of creating his own forum and I'm sure there are people who help there and would appreciate more help.

It isn't just Japanese that would require server space and volunteers to support it but every other language, once you open it to one there would be calls to support say Chineese or any of the other languages that avast has been translated into. That is a big undertaking and as a simple avast user like yourself not one I have any control over.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 01:30:21 PM »
Hi folks,

What also could be an idea is that bob_isida starts his own forum or gets part of a anti-malware or anti-virus webforum, lots of forums have an avast section, also in various languages. After the off-topic was closed on us, some members there formed their own forum and it is very alive and kicking. There is hoards of free forum software, even in Japanese, so what is halting you?

polonus

avast 個人使用に限りフリー

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 02:22:27 PM »
Well iso-g has already done that (http://www.iso-g.com/) to some degree as mentioned by XMAS in the first reply.

CharleyO

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 05:18:42 AM »

Hi bob_ishida,

Perhaps you should contact Iso-G and offer to help with his forum.

bob_ishida

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 01:29:27 PM »
Thank all of you.  :D

Say, there is a man who is interested in Avast.  What does he do? Maybe he goes to Avast web site and try to find support forum. It is quite natural, isn't it?

That's why I'd like to ask ALWIL to build Japanese version of the forum. I don't mean to offend ISO-G. I don't want to build my own forum for Avast because it would be just a private forum.  What I'd like to have is an official forum that users can participate in comfortably in their native language.

I think it is OK if someone wants to open Chinese version, Korean version....etc..  That is an evidence of Avast popularity. And many of you definitely are glad to see that Avast is popular all over the world.

Only ALWIL person can do it. So I'll just wait.... Thank you all of you again. :D

Iso-G

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »
Hello everyone,
Thank you very much for supporting me.  ;)
And I appreciate avast! Evangelists and members of avast!WEBforum.
Your posts are big help for trouble shooting.

Hello, Ishida-san
Welcome to the forum

At first, if you have requests and/or comments to me, please post them on my private forum in Japanese.
It is open for 24 hrs, 7 days a week.

I think Japanese users should visit English official forums here, or e-mail to Technical Support in English to find their solutions, because centralized control of information is important.
And also it's the reason I sometimes say "Please e-mail to Technical Support in English" on my private forum, when I couldn't find solutions here.

If you want to receive technical service in Japanese by the OFFICIAL staffs, but not it by users, you should read the official page.

See here:
in English:  Technical Support
in Japanese: テクニカルサポート
(and you can find a similar page on my web about the Home Edition, "avast! 4 Home Edition のサポートについて")

Quoted from "テクニカルサポート":

弊社製品において技術的な問題が生じたら avast! サポートチーム が問題の解決をお手伝いいたします。

しかし、サポートチームに連絡する前に FAQ (よくある質問) や ALWIL Software フォーラム (英語版) をまず確認していただきますようお願いいたします。 多くの問題がすでに解決済みですので、こちらをご覧になることが一番迅速な解決方法だと思われます。

サポートチームへの連絡方法で一番確実な方法は に電子メールを送信していただく方法です。 注意: 現在 英語 で書かれている電子メールのみお答えしています。 その他の言語で書かれているものにはお答えしておりませんのでご注意ください。 しかし世界中に 再販業者や代理店 のネットワークが広がっており、その多くは母国語でのサポートを提供しています。

And here, the ressellers in Japan
in English:  Our distributors and resellers in the world - Asia - Japan
in Japanese: 世界の再販業者と代理店 - アジア - 日本

They are selling avast and getting benefit, although I'm an volunteer.
Why don't you call a Japanese reseller ?
You would receive official technical service in Japanese via resellers.

By the way, are you a Japanese reseller ?
I found your picture on the web of Stones International, Inc.

Iso-G

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 11:21:31 PM »
Yes Iso-G,

I fully agree with you, and the Japanese users that come to visit us can learn to use the online translation tools, like given in the long link above. When I see a Russian question I also go to Babelfish to have a quick translation to know what it is about. These techniques are here to help us. I am fluent in Dutch, rather fluent in English, German and have a fair command of the Polish language. The reign of the Tower of Babel should be over, time to communicate, how you say in Japanese again: Nihon-iti.

polonus

bob_ishida

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 12:29:04 AM »
Hello Iso-G,

Thank you for your post.

I'm afraid you may think I'm offending you. But not.  I visited your private forum several times and learned a lot about Avast. I appreciate your work there.

I just want to make an official forum here in Japanese. Because it would be better for Japanese users. It's that  simple.

As you know, my company is now one of resellers of Avast in Japan as Avast is worth to resell.

You say,
                 >>I think Japanese users should visit English official forums here,
But I think Japanese users prefer to visit Japanese official forum.

Iso-G

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 04:33:56 PM »
Hello, Ishida-san,

Like I requested universal skins before, I had requested ALWIL Software to have official Japanese forums some times before via e-mails.
So I welcome official forums in local language very well.

However, I think, the issue is whether ALWIL Software can control and manage all official forums in local languages.
We know that official staffs are reading this official English forums, and that here are many excellent members trusted by the staffs.
As a user of avast, I don't like only one reseller controls and manages official forums.
Official forums should be under the vendor, ALWIL Software.

Iso-G