Author Topic: ? for those using comodo firewall  (Read 3302 times)

psychojs

? for those using comodo firewall
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:57:15 AM »
I am about to install this firewall on an xp sp2 system.  Do I turn off the windows firewall or does it matter?

galooma

Re: ? for those using comodo firewall
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:08:20 AM »
Hi and welcome
most firewalls will disable windows firewall when installed so you shouldnt need to .

I seem to recall when I once reviewed an older version of comodo that it failed to do this so you might need to check after installation

Good luck

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:27:09 AM »
I'm not a comodo user, but Yes it is generally accepted only one active firewall in the same way as only one resident AV. It wouldn't hurt to disable before installation or wait and check after installation, but one or the other it should be disabled.

Don't disable the XP firewall until you have downloaded the comodo installation file and have disconnected from the internet.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:49:31 AM »
I installed Comodo firewall over the XP. It automatically turns XP's off. (Mine did, anyway.) Doesn't hurt to do that yourself, though. And should you, (as I did) forget to disconnect during the brief period of firewall-less, Avast's web shield will get fairly busy.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:14:16 AM »
It automatically turns XP's off. (Mine did, anyway.)

Same here when I installed the firewall.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon