Author Topic: why does the Avast password prompt pop up for things like running a smartscan..?  (Read 2301 times)

Offline wizzlbang

... but not for things like turning off realsite?

It's such an odd and clunky feature to navigate

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

can you attach a screenshot of the pop-up, please?
Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

Offline wizzlbang

prtscrn doesn't seem to work when the avast password prompt comes up, I assume its a security feature?

I'm not confused about the password feature itself, I'm the one who enabled it, I'm just confused as to why it functions the way it does. It seems counterintuitive
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:09:24 AM by wizzlbang »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

I take it you are referring to the Avast Antivirus application Password?
Perhaps you might want to consider switching to the strict mode (Require password to open Avast and access settings).

Offline Zoart666

Hi,

I take it you are referring to the Avast Antivirus application Password?
Perhaps you might want to consider switching to the strict mode (Require password to open Avast and access settings).

I have the same problem, not sure why whenever I do smart scan it asks me for a password even though it should only ask it when I enter the settings.

I can click cancel on the password and it just scans as normal. It it's weird that it asks for the password when doing smartscan

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

Our developers are looking into this.

Offline Zoart666

Hi,

Any update on this? Smart scan is still asking for the password that should only be asked for the settings menu
 It doesn't ask it with a full scan

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

Any update on this? Smart scan is still asking for the password that should only be asked for the settings menu
 It doesn't ask it with a full scan

Hi,

I developers are still working on this. I cannot provide you with an ETA for the release of this fix.