Author Topic: Memory Error  (Read 1931 times)

vone

Memory Error
« on: June 07, 2007, 12:07:11 AM »
Hi,

I just switched on my computer and got to the Windows XP Pro Login Screen when the following error pop-ed up.

Avast.setup – Application Error and its box read as follows “The Instruction at “0X7C918FEA” Referenced Memory at “OXO1C7A877” The Memory could not be “written”  = Click OK to terminate the  Program OR Click OK to cancel to Debug the Program

After I finally managed to login I got another error

Avast.setup encountered a problem and needs to close….. please tell Microsoft about this error.

Anyone has any idea why this happened ?

Thanks n regards.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Memory Error
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 01:22:43 AM »
I guess that since you weren't logged on to windows there won't be anything in the windows event viewer.

avast.setup as you may be aware is the process that checks for updates, for it to be active at that point is strange. Is this happening at every boot it has it happened once only ?
If it is a frequent occurrence then it is worth trying to resolve, if it is the first time it happened, I would tend to ignore it and see if it does become an issue.

What is your internet connection type ?
I suspect broadband/always connected.

A recent update to the avast program improved the loading of avast services (loading earlier), I don't know if this is a possible cause, though for it to be a memory error is strange and probably unrelated.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security