Author Topic: New antispyware removal tool  (Read 12139 times)

drhayden1

Re: New antispyware removal tool
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 10:30:55 PM »
well the program is history polonus after i did my complete os with long format and drivers restore couple of weeks ago-no more crapware on my system and won't fool around with the registry either...learn from your mistakes my friend ;D
pretty animal-at first i thought it was one of your cows damian 8)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:33:36 PM by drhayden1 »

justin1278

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »
This must be a bug in the program, my installation of Spyware Terminator is showing that it is using 3,317.00 MB in Add/Remove programs :o

Rafel

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:16 PM »
I haven't got any problem with ST:

@drhayden1:What crapy program did you uninstalled?

drhayden1

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:28 PM »
no they told me it was a bug in my operating system and their program was fine-bs ??? :(
that's why i don't use it anymore ;)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:39:05 PM by drhayden1 »

drhayden1

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 11:32:42 PM »
This must be a bug in the program, my installation of Spyware Terminator is showing that it is using 3,317.00 MB in Add/Remove programs
you must be a lucky one-i must not be the only one with the problem-as their crappy tech support told me it was in my os(as i said above) not their excellent software...no thanks-not on my machine anymore...there's better protection available ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:44:36 PM by drhayden1 »

CharleyO

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 03:05:53 AM »

got a question for someone who uses spyware terminator and i took if off for this reason when i had it installed-i noticed in my add/remove programs it was taking up @450.00MB instead of the usual say 20-25 its supposed to be...
i emailed their tech support and got a reply that there was a bug in my operating system in my add/remove program and too check it manually with a program polonus mentioned and i got the same amount that way checking it manually....does anyone has the same amount in their add/remove programs ??? ::)

There must have been something wrong with your version of ST since others of us do not have the problem you have.    ???    :P

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 07:06:41 PM »
Spyware Sweeper successfully detects, blocks, and  removes Spyware, Adware, Pop-up Ads, Phishing Attacks, Hijackers, Rootkits, Trojans, Drive-By Downloads, Rogue Programs, Messenger Service Ads, Keystroke Loggers, Malicious BHOs, Dialers and much more...  Check out http://www.spyware-sweeper.com/ for download.

... and plays with your CPU when off-line.

1) Dear micah, you advertise a programme not saying a word about you experience. Are you using it?

2) As for me, I tried it. I turned off my usual resident (Ad-Watch) and installed Spyware Sweeper 3.1. After installation I scanned my computer: nothing was found. I closed the main window.

Then I opened my word processor and began to type a text. Suddenly the letters on the screen started to appear with jerks, as if a process with the highest priority took the lion share of resources.

I closed the word processor and opened the Process Manager. I saw there only one process working - SSFirewall.exe, and it made "CPU usage" jump up to 100% and down to 0% in right, 2-second intervals.

BUT I WAS OFF-LINE! What did it do with my CPU? Playing tag?

I uninstalled Spyware Sweeper 3.1 immediately and reload. Then I scanned my computer with Ad-Aware - nothing. I installed Spyware Sweeper 3.1 for the second time and got the same process with its "ups and downs". I uninstalled Spyware Sweeper 3.1 completely and deleted the setup file.

That was my experience with Spyware Sweeper 3.1.

May the FOSS be with you!

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »
Hi George Yves,

And here is demonstrated again that everything on the Internet is not like it is advertised. You have to have an authoritative website like the good anti malware webforums (geekstogo etc.) to know what programs are good, and those that are evil or rogue as we say here.
Because this I have installed in my Firefox browser the DrWeb's av hyperlink scanner, that  scans all sites or downloads  on demand against the latest signatures at their Moscow servers, this is such a clever scanner idea, that I cannot go no longer on the Internet without this, the plug-in has an English and Russian version and can be used inside IE, Firefox, Flock, Opera browsers.

Or use an extension like MacAfee site advisor, or also very handy search with scandoo.com.

Surf safe, naboj!

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

gdiloren

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »
Hi Polonus!! I have also the link scanner but this shouldn't make me more confident. It doesn't detect everything and I got infected I don't know how with Trojan Phoney winlogon last week (be it FP or not!). ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »
Well it just the 'first' step that should at least give confidence that there is no infected file at that link, that doesn't say anything about the file/program/site, for that you need to take the next step. That is checking out the domain name using McAfee Site Advisor to see if there are any adverse reports about the site, email spam, malware, etc.

Even after that there is the research on the product looking for reviews at reputable sites, there really are many good anti-spyware tools/programs than you can shake a stick at to try something new, without full investigation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security